PDA

View Full Version : C253 - cant detect matching paper

Custom Search

kingarthur
04-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Have got a Biz c253 with an unusual fault. it doesn't matter what size paper you install in tray 2, it shows the correct size on the copy screen, however if you put an original on the glass or in the RADF you get a "cant detect matching paper size" message, you then have to manually select the tray. Tray 1 works as it should. when printing you also have to select tray 2 ,but tray 1 automatically prints. It has the latest firmware, we have also flashed the same firmware to another m/c to make sure that it is ok.

BIG PAPA
04-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Couple of possiblities. In I believe admin mode, find your paper settings. makes sure Both trays show up in auto paper select settings. Also verify that it is not set for thick, special, letterhead, or anything other than plain. Both will cause the machine to not auto select the tray.

kingarthur
04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes, have already checked that, but made no diffference, thanks anyway :)

joesf
04-19-2010, 05:38 PM
crazy question but is the destination set correctly (US or what ever applies)? The other thing to check is in the user or admin settings (sorry I cant remember) there is a section that lets you decide which trays are available for the machine to autoselect. I ran into this a while back when someone was printing and they wanted it to run out of the bypass but you had to go to the screen and manulay override the machine. After they bypass was selected it would to auto select.

pepper38_cnd
04-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Check the DF open/close sensor, the lamp should light when ever you open then close the DF if it doesn't your sensor is not working and no original size detect will take place.

kingarthur
04-20-2010, 02:11 PM
thanks pepper 38. have already checked that, the m/c auto detects whatever paper is in tray 1 its only tray 2 that it doesn't auto detect, also when you print you have to select tray 2 as well.

Custom Search