PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Custom Search

Matt25112
04-16-2010, 09:44 PM
That Konica is not adding a setting change or DipSW to disable "from the glass sorting". I have had countless customers tell me how annoying it is to have to keep pressing buttons just to make single copy from the glass. I do not need an explanation as to why the machine does this because I know why and I know it is correct operation but how hard could it have been to add a setting called "disable sorting from the glass". I know I can not be the only person. The bizhub 501 you literally have to press start,finish then start again for one copy...turning off sorting is not really an option because they do a lot of sorting and a lot of quick glass copies. It is a big customer and this frustrates them. Any suggestions? besides just press the button...you know how people are.

04-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Apparently the only way to fix this is to turn off sorting as the default setting:

Subject:
When an original is scanned from the original glass, the machine prompts the user to select continue or finish before making the copy.
Description:
When an original is scanned from the original glass, the machine prompts the user to select continue or finish before making the copy.
Solution:
CAUSE: The sort or offset selection for finishing has been enabled and saved in the machine's current settings. When the machine is automatically entered into one of these modes, it knows in order to sort or offset, there has to be more than one original. The machine will prompt the user to select whether they are finished, or if there is another original to scan. This is similar to the separate scan function.

SOLUTION: This is normal operation if the customer wants to use an automatic sort or offset function. If the machine is set to factory settings, it will cancel the sort or offset function and not prompt the user after a scan is made.

anothertech
04-17-2010, 04:20 PM
I feel your pain, the Ricoh products have the same problem.

emujo
04-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Why don't you just create a "mode memory" button for non sort? 2 extra buttons to press.

ineo+6501
04-19-2010, 08:59 AM
I know what you mean.

Dare I say that Panasonic have the correct idea when it comes to this. They have a default setting which turns on "Sort" when a document is placed in the feeder instead of on the glass.
Makes much more sense.

I'm sure it would take Konica Minolta nothing to change the "Sort" settings and it would make lots of much happier customers.

Custom Search