PDA

View Full Version : C452 ADF not avaible

Custom Search

remstaler
04-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Hello ,

i get a message :

the adf is currently not avaible.

Its time for the sheduled inspection of the device.

I was logged in into the service mode but i dont can see any settings for the ADF.

who can guide me in this case ?

THX

remstaler
04-18-2010, 10:22 AM
after i did a trouble reset, the ADF is working again, but now i get a message :

It is time for the scheduled inspection of the device.

How i do the inspection ?

Regards

RRodgers
04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Call your local dealer/branch to come out and fix it?

remstaler
04-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Thats really the answer that i waiting for !

We are located 200 Km north of lubumbashi in the Congo, Middle in the bush. There is no local dealer that i can call for fix it.

I need help from some professionals here in the forum.

Thx

RRodgers
04-18-2010, 06:50 PM
It's due for a PM sounds like. Yes you can zero out the counter but... if ya don't put the parts in it's a ticking time bomb.

remstaler
04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
i do want to change parts if nessesary, but if someone can just tell me when to replace what, and when to check what , and when to reste what , than i wil be happy and dont need to fly in someone from SA.

Thx

RRodgers
04-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Do this,
Goto the machine and hit the utility button, then hit #4 I think it says "consumables" or "life" or something like that. You should see the IU's and the fuser counter as well as the transfer counter. If any one of those have all the boxes filled in then they are going to need to be replaced.

remstaler
04-19-2010, 07:18 AM
I did checked all the consumables and they have none or just one indicator filed. The copier is like new and have a total counter on only 26000 pages.

It shows me now a message:

clean the slit glass located on the far left

I did cleaned it even if it was not dirty . but the messages dont go away.

emujo
04-19-2010, 01:14 PM
I understand your fustrations with one of the above posts, but this is mainly a forum for "qualified" techs seeking assistance with problems on machines (or families of machines) they have at least some knowledge on. "Get a dealer to look at the problem" is the best answer up there for someone who is not a KM tech. I understand your logistics problem, but what are you going to do when you induce a real problem that requires board replacement or firmware reflashing, post the following..."I need service manuals, firmware, firmware write tool, and step by step instructions on how to fix my problem". Maybe for such a remote location you should have bought a less complicated MFP. That being said....this family of MFPs has the ability to lock out several sections when a problem is detected so the rest of the functions can be used...ie tray 1, stapling, bypass functions etc. Its possible that the MFP has detected a problem with the ADF and has locked it down. In service mode, system 1, there is a trouble isolation section. Check to see if the ADF is disabled there. You can "unset" it and trouble shoot the problem form there. Emujo

KEVIN900
04-20-2010, 02:14 AM
Start with basic ADF maintenance, remstaler. Arm yourself with a #2 Phillips head screwdriver, can of spray-air, or compressed air, a clean rag, a clean paint brush, rubbing alcohol, all-purpose cleaner, and a break/fix plan. A small flat-blade screwdriver and needle-nose pliers may also be needed. Remove whatever panels you can, open everything up, and clean out with paint brush & canned air. Dampen your clean rag with the alcohol and thoroughly clean all rubber & plastic rollers. Turn them to clean all the way around. Start at the top and work your way down. You'll find plastic sensors & their actuators, hit them with the air, make sure they move freely, and spring back when touched. These ADF's love to be clean. Lift up the feeder, and don't be afraid to remove a panel, spiff up what's inside, than reassemble. Don't completely take it apart, but distinguish different sections of the feeder, and tackle them one at a time. Give yourself a calm hour, and you'll figure it out, just asking for help means you're not afraid to try, you're half-way there.

remstaler
04-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks for your help guys.

The ADF is working now .

It shows me now a message:

clean the slit glass located on the far left

I did cleaned it even if it was not dirty . but the messages dont go away.

ni311
04-20-2010, 07:18 PM
You bought a C452 but you cannot afford to call a technician? If nobody is near you, from where did you bought the machine?! Just call those guys, most likely they will help you.

remstaler
04-20-2010, 07:45 PM
i can afford it , but i want to learn as much as possible about this machine and service the machine by myself to keep the downtime as low as possible.

As i say we are located middle in the bush , and not in a perfect world like europe.

ni311
04-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Europe is not the perfect world, but it is ok, from my point of view :)

RRodgers
04-20-2010, 08:11 PM
i can afford it , but i want to learn as much as possible about this machine and service the machine by myself to keep the downtime as low as possible.

As i say we are located middle in the bush , and not in a perfect world like europe.

So perfect some people left it a couple of hundred years ago to start a new. :)

ni311
04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
I don't want to start this discussion, this is why I didn't tell you that it's not perfect but it's better compared with US.
After all, we are all technicians, we are talking this universal language called English, some better, some worst. So, peace to all :)

remstaler
04-20-2010, 09:21 PM
by the way,, i am original German and i was working all over europe and USA and now i am located in Central Africa.

peace

KEVIN900
04-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Have you tried cleaning the optics ? With the machine unplugged, Take your #2 Phillips-head screwdriver, and remove the plastic panels that surround the big glass. Some of the panels are also held on with plastic tabs, like a kid's snap together plastic car model, so don't force anything. You may need to remove screws, and wiggle the panels off. Remove the glass and with a very clean cloth, clean all the mirrors, and the underside of the platen glasses. You can gently slide the scanner to expose the mirrors. Be gentle. Perhaps in the bush, things are dusty. Most of these machines are in comparitively sanitary conditions, and cleaning the optics is almost old school now. Maybe it's necessary in a dusty enviroment. Sounds like an adventure being a copier guy in Africa. Flying helicopters to fix copiers is pretty cool and high tech, yet has left me a little soft in the middle. For a small investment, the service manual can easily be purchased. Look under the Service Manual Request portion of this site. The Disassembly/Reassembly portions of the download alone, will make the small fee worthwhile.

Custom Search