PDA

View Full Version : white shadow when printing with Minolta C250

Custom Search

robizhub
04-22-2010, 06:47 AM
From time to time in the last 4 years I get a text white shadow at printing.
The shadow are always present whean apair, doesn't matter how many copies are make.
After this I change the belt and the image units!
No change!4121
I put in atachment a image.
Please help me to solve this problem!

minimerlin
04-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Have you changed the transfer roller?

robizhub
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Transfer roller was not change!

minimerlin
04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Transfer roller was not change!May be worth changing it!

robizhub
04-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Transfer roller was change!
Nothing new the same print!

emujo
04-22-2010, 03:07 PM
post the file, I'de like to print it to one of my color KMs. That would eliminate a machine problem and indicate something corrupt in the file itself. Emujo

robizhub
04-22-2010, 03:19 PM
OK here is the PDF!

BIG PAPA
04-22-2010, 03:31 PM
What type of paper stock are you using? You have changed IU's, belt, and trans roller, what is the life count on the fuser?

robizhub
04-22-2010, 03:34 PM
The fuser was recently reseted!
The paper are 130g/mp and wery good quality.

emujo
04-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I printed your image on a C451, no problems, so we can eliminate at least one aspect. You mention the fuser was recently "reseted" does this mean your re-fused it or is it a new fuser? Emujo

robizhub
04-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Just refused! It's a old one who needed reset with 0.08mA fuse!
But if I put the machine in forced stop (by example open the front door during printing) and accidentaly the paper stoped before the fuser theat shadow are already there on the paper.
So I make the conclusion: not the fuser!
Thanks for your effort "emujo"!

emujo
04-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I would suggest a data clear followed by the image adjustments once more. Make sure you save any pertinent data (network info, mail boxes, scan templates etc) before doing the data clear. I might also recommend a firmware reload/update prior to the data clear to eliminate some type of corruption. From what I can see by your uploaded image, it looks like this is something the MFP is laying down on purpose. If it was "ghosting" I would think the latent images would be a little less clear, and you would see all of the original image as background, not just 2 lines of lettering. After the data clear you will need to re-install the HDD and format, re-install any fax options (if installed). Emujo

fishleg
04-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Those prints are A4R I presume. Vertically they line up and the only thing that is that long would be the belt to create that sort of mirrored image. With the belt changed I'd go for memory corrupt stick does all sorts of latent image artifacts usually squares but can do what you have showed in that picture.

Have you tried prints on A4 just to see what the outcome is be interesting to see what the mirror image looks like the other way round would tell you its the belt if the white latent image moves round if it stays the same direction then its definitely a memory issue.

Another stupid thing you could try the other drivers postscript pcl etc just to see the outcome if you don't get it on copies I'd test that first before you start ripping off boards. Try print as image in adobe pdf aswell just to see if it changes.

Hope thats of some help,
Fishy

Srewzy
04-27-2010, 09:47 PM
looks like a charge remains on a drum of KIU for me. :confused:
Poor drum earth contact? Try to print test pages from service mode maybe it will be easier to find out a problem...

Custom Search