PDA

View Full Version : C353 with FS-519 error

Custom Search

emujo
04-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Power on MFP and LDC displays "close section properly" message. Long green arrow is pointing to tray 1 (uuper). If I pull the brigde unit away from main body, msg shows insert unit, if I open the front cover I get close front cover. I believe the problem is with the shutter position detect circuitry, so I checked the position of the shutter open/close ms and the actuator is in the correct position. Changed the ms, and the sensor that detects the home position of the shutter movement mechanism. No change. Replaced the FS519 main board and no change. Disconnect the finisher and mfp works fine. Reloaded firmware and no help. Am I looking at the wrong place? What area is this message trying to tell me is still open? Any ideas..thanks EMujo

emujo
04-22-2010, 03:05 PM
As a follow up, i took a working 519 and disconnected the shutter ms and I got the same message..looks like a harness problem. I'll post if I find any big suprises. Emujo

tech51
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
This info should help.....

emujo
04-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the info.. my version of this tech pub shows the correct position as being over the tab so I can look at that today..however, I pulled the MS from the system and actuated it manualy, open/close, nothing changes. No 24vdc on the line either so I suspected a harness. Replaced the entire elevator tray harness with no change. Going back today with the harness that runs from the bridge unit to the tray assy. Emujo

Custom Search