PDA

View Full Version : Yellow not showiing up

Custom Search

USITC
04-22-2010, 06:43 PM
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C350, when i copy the yellow seems like it is not working. When print something with green it shows up as blue. I am not getting any low toner messages, anyone know what could be wrong?

RRodgers
04-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C350, when i copy the yellow seems like it is not working. When print something with green it shows up as blue. I am not getting any low toner messages, anyone know what could be wrong?

Bad yellow IU or its bot adding toner. You can check the toner lvl in tech mode. Try a forced toner add

USITC
04-22-2010, 07:18 PM
I checked the level and it looks ok... how do you do a forced toner add? I think the IU might make the best sense, I thought the IU only needed replacing every 50k... this machine only has 31k on it.

RRodgers
04-22-2010, 09:27 PM
I checked the level and it looks ok... how do you do a forced toner add? I think the IU might make the best sense, I thought the IU only needed replacing every 50k... this machine only has 31k on it.

Sorry... i was refering to tech mode. But yeah, I've seen when a toner bottle goes out and the machine never says change it on those models. You can try to take the IU out and give it a shake, but it's probably best to just order a new one. Now the new one should work fine, but if it starts doing the same thing you have a toner add problem and would need it fixed. Usually I find that the one-ways slip that feeds the toner to the IU. The toner add system on that box reminds me of a farris wheel. :)

USITC
04-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks! I ordered a new Yellow Imaging unit! I will post the outcome once it arrives.

n25an
04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
its either a bad developer or developer motor...

Spidula
04-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Sounds like Image unit to me. Try printing a half-tone in tech-rep mode. It will probably come out blank.

fishleg
04-24-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd be very careful with this one seen this a few times come through the workshop... The ones we had would go through a yellow IU once a month would just suck all the developer out of the unit until the copies went blank...

We have had success changing the high voltage board top and once was the led assembly that the dev bias flows through..

Would love to hear more on this though as no one has ever truely figured why they do it but we have quite a few that went through that pattern of eating drums... A drum fixed ours for a month then it was back the same until boards etc where changed.

Good luck....

Custom Search