PDA

View Full Version : Error code P-8

Custom Search

USITC
04-22-2010, 06:44 PM
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C350, on my screen the service icon (little oil can) shows up. when i press it the screen shows code p-8, does anyone know what this code means?

racosta
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
P 8 is yellow image unit failure. Either you have a bad IU or there toner density level if off.

copytechman
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
From da book:

P-8: Yellow Imaging Unit failure:

Relevant Electrical Parts
Imaging Unit C
Imaging Unit M
Imaging Unit Y
Imaging Unit Bk
Image Transfer Belt Unit
Step Action
1 Select “Image Adjust” → “PRT Max Density” and, if the setting value is negative, readjust.
2 Check the drive transmission portion of the Imaging Unit and correct as necessary.
3 Clean the AIDC Sensor window if dirty
4 Clean the contact of the Imaging Unit connector if dirty
5 Change Imaging Unit.
6 Change the Image Transfer Belt Unit.

Regards!
A.

USITC
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Got it! I ordered a new yellow imaging unit, hopefully that should do the trick!

cristachecri
11-08-2023, 12:18 PM
Hello everyone . I have a very annoying problem, namely a Bizhub C454 equipment displays the P8 error after each stabilization. I mention that the transfer belt is new, used only original toners, brand new cmyk unit drive!!! The only part that is not changed is the yellow development unit, which I suspect is also the problem. Today I got hold of a yellow development unit and changed it but the result is the same. Do you have any idea what else I could do?

Synthohol
11-08-2023, 12:46 PM
make sure the IDC sensors are clean

cristachecri
11-08-2023, 12:47 PM
They are clean... I also took them down to make sure they are clean

tsbservice
11-08-2023, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone . I have a very annoying problem, namely a Bizhub C454 equipment displays the P8 error after each stabilization. I mention that the transfer belt is new, used only original toners, brand new cmyk unit drive!!! The only part that is not changed is the yellow development unit, which I suspect is also the problem. Today I got hold of a yellow development unit and changed it but the result is the same. Do you have any idea what else I could do?
What do you mean by cmyk unit drive and why you changed that?

cristachecri
11-08-2023, 08:15 PM
What do you mean by cmyk unit drive and why you changed that?

I changed all the cmyk cylinder units to see if the error still persists... the P8 error is there

tsbservice
11-08-2023, 08:51 PM
I changed all the cmyk cylinder units to see if the error still persists... the P8 error is there

4 complete drum units - originals are quite expensive even if you used 4 black units and 3 chips. Aftermarket drum units or only cylinders or new OEMs? You left so many things unclear so trying to help is like pulling teeth.

cristachecri
11-09-2023, 06:14 AM
4 complete drum units - originals are quite expensive even if you used 4 black units and 3 chips. Aftermarket drum units or only cylinders or new OEMs? You left so many things unclear so trying to help is like pulling teeth.

the change was made with 4 units of black cylinders to which 3 cmy chips were put. After each calibration that is performed, P8 appears

Custom Search