PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 601 FS-524 7217 Jams

Custom Search

BigBob
04-28-2010, 12:15 AM
So I've had a similar problem with the 600 series (you think they would have fixed it with the 601 series) where the paper stops at the finisher entrance gate (gate with two flaps kicked up by a stepper motor). Normally replacing the stepper motor on that gate would fix the issue on the 600's, however this 601 is giving me trouble. I do have access to the solutions database but nothing is coming up for 7217. There is a solution for a 7218 jam regarding the wiring harness which I have also replaced. I also duplicated the issue with the punch kit out, so that's out of the loop. The caveat...the first motor I replaced was a "reclaimed part" (thank you company!) so I'm going out with a brand spanking new motor and firmware in hand. I'm just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions as this machine is just shy of 200 miles away from me and I really do not want to go out there for a third time! Thanks in advance.

rocky246
04-28-2010, 04:51 AM
The only problem I've had with this finisher, is the FN5 guide when stapling. This is a clear plastic guide before the stacker. The rib on the inboard side of the gate gets alot of nicks on it. I've had to remove several and file it down smooth.

YouthAttack
10-10-2011, 11:38 PM
i know its an old post but did you ever find a fix for this issue? i have a 601 that keeps jamming intermittently with a j7217 code. help!

Custom Search