PDA

View Full Version : minolta copier need advice ASAP

Custom Search

ericvic13
05-04-2007, 12:09 PM
hi i got a minolta EP 1054 the moment i put the switch on and afterwarmup i press start it trips and shutsdown is it due to faulty thermistor and thermoswitch i have replaced both of them then too this is happenning i have even replaced the fuser lamp

Scott_Lewis
05-05-2007, 08:11 AM
hi i got a minolta EP 1054 the moment i put the switch on and afterwarmup i press start it trips and shutsdown is it due to faulty thermistor and thermoswitch i have replaced both of them then too this is happenning i have even replaced the fuser lamp

Never heard of a 1054. But, I'll take a shot, anyway.

Without taking a closer look at the schematics, I would say that the fuser lamp is not what is shutting you down. First off, the only protection I know of off-hand are the fuses and the processor timing for warmup time. Those would cause either a c05xx code or a blown fuse and a subsequent c05xx code. In either case, the copier stays powered up to display the codes.

You say the shutdown occurs when you hit start. Does the machine go through the pre-drive sequence? Prior to coming ready, a green light on the start button, the fuser drive, scanner drive, scanner lamp and the developer drives are run as part of the startup sequence. Have you isolated (removed) all of the optional accessories? Are there any trouble codes recorded?

Scott
:eek:

eg101
05-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't recognize the EP1054 model (you sure its not a EP5400) but most EP models that turn off with a trouble code have a trouble reset switch or an INI jumper.
You must reset the code first.
Hope this helps.

bipbip
05-08-2007, 09:59 AM

check HVT,power supply,corona assy. when you press cpy start switch, the hvt supply gets on. If corona holders, assy dirty it fetches more current from hvt & altimately power supply board.Hence tripps.Further, main motor can also be the cause. For that check if mechanical jamming due to dirty bushings,bearings etc.

JustManuals
05-08-2007, 03:39 PM
The EP1054 is the same copier as the D-1502,D-1801,D-2350 these are Develop models I believe are for the European market. I have the manuals for it.

Paul@justmanuals.com

JSC
05-12-2007, 02:33 PM

Have you reset it after fitting the parts? there is a small reset button on the main board on the back of the machine.

jquimze15
05-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Don't forget to check the Lamp Scanner Wire, its like a problem at the fixing lamp wires (shorted):D

halia_merah
10-01-2007, 04:53 PM

For our country this machine to be slowing absolute model.Normally in this case this problem accured when the wire harness worn and contacted to the body.Try to check the wire harness of fixing/fusing lamp to the connector of the machine.also check the thermistor wire.Sometime it leak in the thermistor.lastly if anything okey...then the pwb-A need to change.

Custom Search