• Show
Clear All
  • pbbsinc
    Technician
    Site Contributor
    50+ Posts
    • Nov 2005

Bizhub C451 strange banding problem

I've been having a wierd banding problem with a C451 (NEC IT45c4). Have swapped the transfer unit, fuser unit, Black IU, print controller, & laser control board (all at NECs sugesstion). I have thought all along that it was the laser (PH) unit, but went with what tech support told me as they were supplying the swap parts.
    The problem started with black bands on B/W & color prints/copies at an 8/12 " frequency, but now prints them in multiple colors (rainbow like pattern) all across the page. The original black bands looked like a problem I've seen when ricoh laser units go bad & you get 2 banding patterns (400 & 600 dpi) which makes me think it's the laser on this machine, as they look very similar.
    I'll try to attach a sample image. Hopefully it's not too large. It is a 400% enlargement of the original pattern (looks like repetitive brail under a loupe).
    I'm hoping one of you guys has seen this or has some idea. I'm not really looking forward to spending $900 on a PH unit without being sure that's the problem.

As always, thanks in advance for any input
    Attached Files
  • copierbiz3
    • Jun 2009

Sounds like the same problem I had. Unfortuneatly I had to replace the MFP Board.

Comment

• pbbsinc
      Technician
      Site Contributor
      50+ Posts
      • Nov 2005

Wow, what a fast response! This site never fails to amaze me.

I can't wait to see what an MFP board might cost me (but it's better than finding that out after replacing a PH unit).

I'll try to post some more samples tomorrow morning. All I have now are multi page scans & they are too large.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

• pbbsinc
        Technician
        Site Contributor
        50+ Posts
        • Nov 2005

Here's a better scan of the problem. Cant upload the color scan because the file is too big.
        Attached Files

Comment

• BigBob
          Technician
          • Apr 2010

Comment

• jotunn
            Trusted Tech
            250+ Posts
            • Jan 2010

banding problem

There is a detailed document describing image problems in Mosel/Thames machnes.
            Attached Files

Comment

• pbbsinc
              Technician
              Site Contributor
              50+ Posts
              • Nov 2005

Thanks for all the help. You guys are fantastic!

If only my tech support rep had a clue about this!!!

Comment

Working...