PDA

View Full Version : Used Konica 7020 hard drive

Custom Search

Bregus
04-29-2010, 03:36 PM
I am thinking of buying a used Konica 7020 machine. The place I'm dealing with says there is a harddrive on it and since I'm buying this for a church, I would like to erase all the information that may be accidentally accessed. I have tried contacting Konica and asked them how this could be done and they were very rude and told me, more or less, to live with it. Unless, of course, I would like to buy into a service agreement with them, then they could help me. I don't get it. I want to do something nice for my church and this company is willing to sell this copier to me for a reasonable price, but Konica won't even help me out. I even explained to the gentleman, from Konica, that I just want to be proactive and not access information that is confidential, from the company I'm purchasing this copier from. He still told me he wouldn't help me. Anybody out there have the answer? Thanks in advance.

copytechman
04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the main body didnt have a hd on that model however the print controller did as an option, it was used mostly to enable scanning iirc. Someone else may chime in but formatting the printer hdd may only be possible with the correct software on the IP (print) controller.. Not sure if it would keep much unless the previous customer was using the box function. (most don't from my recollection). U can check if it has one by pressing the printer button on the control panel. IF the button responds, it has print, if when the screen comes up and on the touch screen you see a scan or scanner tab, then it has a printer hdd..

Regards!
A.

Custom Search