PDA

View Full Version : BH Pro C500 SC 45-20 code after power surge destroys surge suppressor

Custom Search

Desert Rat
05-03-2010, 05:08 PM
:confused:
Not being real familar with this model, I am looking for some direction. The customer reports being
at his desk computer. The machine was on and in energy save mode. Then he heard and saw
arcing and sparking and finally the smoke was let out of the suppressor. He replaced the surge
suppressor and powered it up. It gave the SC45-20 code on the first copy.
He said he was unable to complete the registration adjustment.
I,m thinking there may be a fuse that hopfully did its job. But I know sometimes poop poop happens.
Is there something else I should be aware of? This printer does have another C500 to use, so
I have some wiggle room in regards to time. I do have access to the internet at this site.

Thanks

DR

mrwho
05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
If you try to do some test prints in tech rep mode, what do you get?

The 45-20 code, being a registration error, can be caused by a multitude of situations: faulty sensors, faulty lasers, faulty HV currents (charge and transfer problems), etc.

Desert Rat
05-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Mr.Who,
Thank you for the speedy reply. I have not been to this call yet, but I will post more info as soon as I can.
I expect to see this unit this afternoon.

Thank

DR

t-rex
05-03-2010, 08:05 PM
45-20 its color registration mulfunction.Please,make a auto color registration adjusment or close auto color reg.adjusment, from soft sw settings 23 or 24.

Custom Search