PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 162 - error C0070 after replacing toner bottle

Custom Search

dacrone
05-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Hello, I hope come Konica Minolta technican could help me about this.
I'm a Canon technican and for good deal I bought Bizhub 162 for myself. Just to try the difference between Canon and other brands. :D
And today, I changed toner bottle. While the copier was adding the toner into developer unit, all electric power in the house went off. After the electricity came back, Bizhub reported C0070.
After that I Google it for solution.
I tried pretty much till now;
- checked the toner bottle - original, suitable.
- tried to power off and power on without toner bottle - no success,
- tried to manualy rotate that black "flag" which turns the bottle. - it rotates normaly, without any force needed.
- pulled out the drum/developer unit and tried to vacuum out any toner left in the hose from toner bottle sadle to the hole where it goes in the developer unit - no success.

I guess there's something wrong either with toner replishing motor home position or maybe even in developer unit - maybe the level of toner?

What to do, what to check?
Is there any optical sensor which may be dirty?
Is anything to check in developer unit?

Wil the error C0070 go off automaticaly after the repairment or it should be reset by some combination?

Thanks in advance!
Next time, I can help antything about any Canon copier. :cool:

Spidula
05-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Hope this helps

dacrone
05-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Hope this helps

Yes it does! Thank you very much, Spidula.
I see the position of the M5 (or M6)? and PC7. I hope the only problem is somewhere there. Because maybe I did something more wrong while tried to turn the black "flag" manually and probably the PC7 can't recognize the home position.
Is there any sign on plastic parts so I can notice where is home position? Should I take carefully look on anything?
This stuff is rather different than in Canon... But hope, I'll win. :)

dacrone
05-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Just to say again thanks to you, Spidula.
I removed the hopper unit and then replenishing motor, PS7 sensor. Everything vacuumed-out and cleaned sensor with brush and alcohol (as I usual do in Canon copiers). Rotated the motor and put it in what I think should be its home position. And now it works! :)
Many thanks Spidula!

Custom Search