PDA

View Full Version : C452 dont Toner status wrong

Custom Search

remstaler
05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
My color toners where empty so i replaced them, but in the status i still see 100% used. Is there a way to calibrate or reset the status ?

I even didnt get a message on the screen that the toners are empty, i just see that there is no more color on the prints.

bizhub1
05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
My color toners where empty so i replaced them, but in the status i still see 100% used. Is there a way to calibrate or reset the status ?

I even didnt get a message on the screen that the toners are empty, i just see that there is no more color on the prints.
Is the customer using Oem Toner??

bizhub1
05-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Is the customer using Oem Toner??
Sorry forgot to ask, is it one certain color or all? The reed sensors in the hopper might be bad.

remstaler
05-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Its OEM toner .

I replaced it when the old was showing 95% but i real it was empty.

Its for all the color.

The machine should regognice the new toners or i have to tell the machine that there are new toners in ?

Can i reset the toner status to 0% manualy ? I dont see some in the service manual.

ni311
05-08-2010, 10:50 AM
I had a problem like this with C280. I went to the customer and the reading shows that all the toner were almost 100%, the next day customer called that a toner is empty and machine was locked. The toner in question was K.

remstaler
05-08-2010, 11:23 AM
and how you solved the problem ?

ni311
05-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I am not sure the problem is solved. I just replaced the toner and I am waiting for another toner to go empty. From what I know, the toner has no sensor or chip, the only sensor will be in the sub hopper or in the imaging unit. This sensor will tell you if the toner is full, near empty or empty. Now, the question, how can tell when it is at 86% (it is just a random percentage)?!

bizhub1
05-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I am not sure the problem is solved. I just replaced the toner and I am waiting for another toner to go empty. From what I know, the toner has no sensor or chip, the only sensor will be in the sub hopper or in the imaging unit. This sensor will tell you if the toner is full, near empty or empty. Now, the question, how can tell when it is at 86% (it is just a random percentage)?!

From what I understand, all the toner cartridges have chips on them and the machine determines when you put a new toner in the machine. The machine calculates the consumption based on the tcr sensor and the dot counter. Based on the {machines calculations}, it determines how much toner SHOULD be left in the toner cartridge. But in this case, it sounds like the machine is not seeing the new cartridge being put in. I have about a dozen of these and have not seen that problem yet, have heard about problems with the hopper sensor but I can't see that being the case for all colors.

ni311
05-08-2010, 02:43 PM
No, here is the catch, the C280 don't have any chip on the toner bottle, the bottle looks like a C6500 toner.

bizhub1
05-08-2010, 02:49 PM
No, here is the catch, the C280 don't have any chip on the toner bottle, the bottle looks like a C6500 toner.
Good point ni311, I was just thinking 452

emujo
05-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Try this on just one hopper, vacuume it completely empty and fire it up. You should get a lock out screen for toner empty. Now install the new bottle. You can eliminate this re-occuring problem by going into service mode, System 2. and setting toner to service. From what we were told in class, the users replace the toner when they see "toner is low replace soon" msg. This confuses the MFP as the hopper level never gets low enough to generate the toner is empty msg, which is used to reset the % amount. Emujo

pepper38_cnd
05-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Tell your customer to ignore the toner low message and not do anything until they see the Toner Empty message and printing is inhibited. Then replace the toner with a new bottle, do not remove the old bottle shake it and reinstall it because if they do manage to shake enough toner out to satisfy the TCR sensor this will reset the % counter. Switching the mode will cause a "Call For Service Message" every time the customer runs out of toner.

emujo
05-11-2010, 03:06 PM
That is exactly what setting toner catridge to service in service mode is for, eliminates the low toner message and the MFP will only display replace toner when it's out, not when it estimates that it will run out soon. Available on at least the C450 through all the newer products. All new MFPs go out the door setup this way to eliminate this service call. Recommend you set "delete other users jobs" to allow, and set all external memory functions to allow unless the customer has specific security concerns. Emujo

Ego
05-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Maybe you should check that the machine is correctly leveled.

Mr Spock
05-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Check the chip connectors for the toner bottle. One down here with a like issue was because the pins that the toner bottle connects with were bent and stuck in the unit and not making contact with the cartridge.

Custom Search