PDA

View Full Version : RIP E10

Custom Search

TA_Tech
05-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Greetings fellow techs from around the world.

I have a problem on an Olivetti D-Color MF280 (don't know what the Bizhub model is) with a RIP E10 attached. Our Geniuses in our setup workshop, who install accessories, configure, and test devices before we deliver to our customers cocked this one up from the start. I'm not even going to mention some of the Sh!t they got up to because its just plain embarresing...

Anyway, after much trial, error, and effort they finally got this beauty of a machine setup, but there is one thing that remains a problem. When the RIP was powered on for the first time and it prompted for Language selection, they chose klingon. Unfortunately for me, I'm now stuck with this problem, and as per the big man upstairs (talking bout my boss) "MAKE IT WORK!!!!". Now my klingon (may also be french, itallian, or spanish) has never been too good, but no matter how much i try, i cant get this damn thing to speaka da English. I've somehow managed to configure an IP address and get it on our network, but none of the lovely software utilities see it, nor can i connect to the web interface.

This is where you guys come in. I'm looking for a way, any way, to either get it to speak my lingo, or reset it so that it prompts for language selection again. Please, gentlemen... some help would be awesome.

Also something else i should mention is that the RIP doesn't pickup an IP from our DHCP server. I know for a fact DHCP was on at some point, because guess what, DHCP stays DHCP no matter what the language, even klingon. I don't know if its because of improper config or if its because of something else they screwed up.

Thanks in advance

Your friendly neighborhood spidertech

B0265
05-11-2010, 07:44 AM
To reset the Fiery, Select "Run Setup" > "Factory Defaults". I don't know what "factory defaults" would be in the selected language, but it should be the last selection in the Setup menu.

Custom Search