PDA

View Full Version : Meter readings

Custom Search

Rudi
05-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi guys
i Have had enough of meter readings already , we have people phoning clients every month for the readings but there are always hick-ups e.g people not answering, new staff that dont know where to get the readings etc. At one of our major clients we installed a bizhub quantum that can automatically be read by the network administrator and then he gives it through to us ,only problem is it is not acurate every month and can only read the bizhub machines and not the DI machines .QUESTION ..... Is there another way you guys can recomend like setting the machines to mail the readings every month automatically or any other way to make things easier.
Please help me.
Regards
Rudi

deep
05-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Normally the copy volume wouldn't change significantly so we can evaluate the copy made per month.

Keep a record of the counter reading for each service that could monitor the copy volume within a specific period (we use working hour in minute) and take the average of copy made per minute so you can estimate the copy made within that month.

Send them the bill and you will get feedback if your estimation has a big difference with their actual reading.

kingarthur
05-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Depends on which model you're talking about, go into "network settings" then "detail settings" this is to set the m/c to email the readings to you, we set it up to send it twice a month, i.e. the 18th & 20th, as we find if one of these days is a weekendd it doesn't send, as the copier is usually switched off.

BIG PAPA
05-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Agree with all the above. But it does depend on the customer. In addition to those. Like with the DI series. Most of which are either seg 1 or just old. you could always evaluate the situation and either go to a quarterly or annual contract. Obviously depends on your situation as well. The email settings work well, if the machines are already set up for scan to email.

Custom Search