PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C203 Dropping off network

Custom Search

Matt25112
05-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Ok folks I have a Bizhub C203 that continues to drop off the network. To resolve the issue the customer has to reboot the main power switch. I have tried disabling all unused network features. I have kept the machine up to date with firmware. When the machine drops off it loses all connectivity you can not even ping the machine. I have a feeling something is booting it off the network(security) but it will be tough to tell the customer that when they see that rebooting the copier fixes it. I am also open to the fact it could be something with the copier.

I consider myself very knowledgeable with connectivity issues but I am not an expert. Does anyone know of a device that monitors the network cable and will tell you which end is causing the drop off?

If so I would appreciate it...any tips are good tips so shoot away...Thanks!

bsm2
05-13-2010, 02:52 AM
first change the IP address it may be that someone still has the old print drivers loaded for there old copier, have found ricoh drivers lockup the konica's network card drops off

BIG PAPA
05-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Agree with previous post. I have seen similar issues before and have never seen it be a problem with machine. not saying it couldnt be, but unlikly. Also you can ask the customers IT if they are running any port monitoring software, common with some printer models. Have seen this cause issues as well.

ni311
05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
What is the configuration of the network? Is the IP statis or dynamic? Is a simple network or is it extended? Are you sure it is the copier to blame and not the infrastructure (like a cable)?

Matt25112
05-13-2010, 09:45 PM
BSM2- I will try this, I do not believe this is the problem because this company just moved in to this building when we put the machine there and I believe everything is new including routers etc...but I will find out and try. This was not our account before the move so I could be wrong.

Big Papa-The port monitoring software is where i am leaning towards too but I am having trouble reaching the right guy to talk to.

NI311- No i am not sure it is the copier to blame...a matter of fact I personally do not think it is the copier but I am open to anything I am not one to point fingers...I like to prove things...From the customers point of view they have to reboot the copier a few times a day not the router..so its our problem to them...you know how that goes. Trying a new cable isn't a bad idea but it seems like it wouldn't work as soon as they reboot if it was a cable....the cable is in the wall fun fun...

I know with technology there has to be some sort of device that monitors the cable and can tell which end has the drop off...if not would someone mind inventing one please because these types of calls where the copier guy and IT guys both think their stuff isn't to blame are only going to happen more. And we all know its never the copier! ;-)

originalscore
05-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Go to the konica driver, and under the properties tab, go to the ports tab then the configure port button. Under there make sure the "SNMP" box is unticked. This can cause the copier to drop off the network when ticked.

pepper38_cnd
05-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Make sure sleep mode is disabled and "Direct SMB Hosting" is turned off. If you have Bio-metric device remove it for testing purpose they tend to cause some strange problems.

jammer88
05-20-2010, 02:17 AM
I've also been told to turn off Direct SMB Hosting for dropping off the network. You can also check to make sure firmware is up to date.

akd
05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
I have had this a quite a few locations. All of them were using a mixture of 1gig and 100mbs switches.
I was advised to drop speed of nic card down to 10 mps full duplex
Fixed all and some I have been able to increase upto 100 half duplex

Matt25112
05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Ok... Only time will tell but I believe I figured this one out. First I changed the IP address just for giggles. While there, I had to go around to each PC and change the Port. When I went to the server I printed a test print out from a driver that was installed by the customer for remote use. After printing from that driver it locked the printer up I had finally duped the problem. So I checked that driver version and it was an xp driver being used on windows server 2003. Windows Server 2003 requires use of the NT driver. I could be wrong but I think I got it. And yes I was told by tech support to adjust the network speed as well.

Custom Search