PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C350/351/450 question

Custom Search

05-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question, Obviously people reset the fusers on the c350 c450 and c351s with the fuse, Me being one of those people. But obviously they get worn out because they arnt meant to run that long. But Ive dissasembled a few of them and I know its a (sealed unit) and arnt suppose to be rebuildable, My question is where can I get the rollers to rebuild them? If there is a roller that will interchange please let me know, also if you can point me in the right direction as to where to get them. Im sorry if this is a repost but i did some searching and it didnt turn up anything. Thanks as always.

If someone feels more comfortable emailing me thats cool too, corey.central@gmail.com

minimerlin
05-12-2010, 09:11 PM
As far as I know you cannot get parts as it is not a serviceable item.....you are not supposed to open them up for safety reasons!!

05-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Right... For safety reasons. lol, well i have taken apart 5 now with no injurys lol. The fact of the matter is, They are 500+ dollars each even at dealer cost and when a fuser gets a 4th of the way through its life and the roller starts breaking apart for no appearent reason and your out 500 dollars it would be nice to be able to put a new roller in it, And small businesses like the one i work for take the biggest hit because we dont get killer discounts on parts and when we buy a fuser and its suppose to last and it dosnt that puts us in a bind. Im sure theres others who understand. Thanks for your reply minimerlin.

SmellsHot
05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
i don't have an answer for you...but if the part only lasted 25% you should be able to get it warranteed....or partial credit....might wanna look into that!

05-12-2010, 09:41 PM
See thats what i thought too, guess not. 2morrow when i get into my office i will tell you exactly what was said when i tried to get it warranteed. But it was pretty much no lol.

minimerlin
05-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Right... For safety reasons. lol, well i have taken apart 5 now with no injurys lol. The fact of the matter is, They are 500+ dollars each even at dealer cost and when a fuser gets a 4th of the way through its life and the roller starts breaking apart for no appearent reason and your out 500 dollars it would be nice to be able to put a new roller in it, And small businesses like the one i work for take the biggest hit because we dont get killer discounts on parts and when we buy a fuser and its suppose to last and it dosnt that puts us in a bind. Im sure theres others who understand. Thanks for your reply minimerlin.
I do understand your problem Newbie, I was just giving you the reason you cannot get the parts..we have the same problem with low life at times! The only way is the warranty route. The safety reason is not for your fingers it is the usual disclaimer by the manufacturer..KM. If you rebuild a fuser and it burns down the customers building.....well!lol.

ni311
05-13-2010, 06:03 PM
I do understand your problem Newbie, I was just giving you the reason you cannot get the parts..we have the same problem with low life at times! The only way is the warranty route. The safety reason is not for your fingers it is the usual disclaimer by the manufacturer..KM. If you rebuild a fuser and it burns down the customers building.....well!lol.
It is quite hard to burn down a building if you are resetting a fusing unit, this is why a thermistor is there. I never heard about a fire to be started from a copier.

05-13-2010, 08:38 PM
It is quite hard to burn down a building if you are resetting a fusing unit, this is why a thermistor is there. I never heard about a fire to be started from a copier.

Thats what i was thinking, Theres really nothing to argue about, It comes down to money, it always does, Those units can be disassembled and put back together with ease. So why not just sell the rollers? Oh wait then they wouldn't get 500+ per unit, and we cant have that now. ha ha. When the Di251 and such came out i remember they were suppose to be a sealed unit, But hey after a few months Katun and Densigraphics came out with the rebuild kit and those seem to work ok, But hell the c350 has been out for years now with nothing, as far as cost relief goes. Besides the IU chips (which helped a BUNCH with cost cutting) But I feel bad for the dealers who actually replace those IUs when it says they are done, Those units will run double its "life" givin from KM without an issue.I Saved all of them at first because i knew there would be some sort of reset or such for them in the near future. It just seemed Ridiculous to toss those out after one cycle when the drum still looked great and the developer was still working as it was suppose to. Ive reset hundreds of IUs with chips (thanks to Neil aka Pepper38) and have only had one that had color issues and it was due to moisture in the office not the reset. It just seems as if we get ripped on these parts, We pay top dollar but yet Don't get full use out of them and its not cost effective at all, Being a smaller company in a small town we sell/service a lot of small businesses and Church's. On our bigger customers That pound out copies like no tomorrow its ok, But the smaller customers sometimes it makes it impossible to make money, with the parts costing and arm and a leg and trying to keep the cost per copy down to where they can afford them, it makes it hard. Sorry for bitching but damn Ive wanted to say that for years lol.

nmfaxman
05-13-2010, 09:48 PM
I used to save the old fusers and sometimes could make one good out of two or three.

pepper38_cnd
05-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Look here it appears they have the upper and lower replacement rollers, I personally have No experience with these but thought you may be interested
Imagistics Fuser Rollers FUSER ROLLER LOWER (http://www.copierscopiers.com/store/Imagistics-Fuser-Rollers-FUSER-ROLLER-LOWER_p_469-4133.html)

05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Look here it appears they have the upper and lower replacement rollers, I personally have No experience with these but thought you may be interested
Imagistics Fuser Rollers FUSER ROLLER LOWER (http://www.copierscopiers.com/store/Imagistics-Fuser-Rollers-FUSER-ROLLER-LOWER_p_469-4133.html)

Thank you Neil. I found what i was looking for took some searching, but it will be well worth it in the long run Im sure of it.

Custom Search