PDA

View Full Version : minolta 1080 blank copies!!!

Custom Search

gerryhuerta
05-12-2010, 08:54 PM
im working on a minolta 1080 copier and the problem im having is that every single time i go to make a copy of something, the machine prints it blank... not even a spec of toner on the page. it has a brand new toner bottle, fuser but i dont know how old the drum is. the meter from inside the machine says 112,112 and the outside meter says 115 thousand. any ideas of what it could be? and they only use it as a copier.

minimerlin
05-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Can you see the charge corona glowing purple? I think you may have either a failed HV (quite common) or charge is tracking to earth via the end caps of the trans/sep can or the charge corona can. Also take out the trans sep corona can and try for an image on the drum.

deep
05-12-2010, 09:25 PM
It's a known problem in my area since EP-1050. The EP-1080's is better but also do it during high humidity season.
We would change the TRANS/SEP Corona End Cap.

gerryhuerta
05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
okay will check that out, i did notice though that before i cleaned the corona wires (if i remember correctly there are three) the paper would come out dirty, like excess toner or something, but once i cleaned the corona wires the page would come out really clean (but still with no image).

integritybob
05-13-2010, 02:30 AM
Note that there is no C-0200 or C-0210 (corona leakage) error code on the 1080. If an overcurrent condition exists, the hv unit simply shuts down. As others have mentioned, these hv units also have been known to fail.

Hansoon
05-13-2010, 06:38 AM
All as said above +:

Replace on the HV board capacitors C101, -201, -104, -109 with the same specs. The temperature range is important.

Hans

gerryhuerta
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
would anyone happen to have a part number for the hv board? or a part number for the capacitors?

Cantechman
05-13-2010, 08:37 PM
I am willing to bet its the HV board too. I have replaced it a couple of times. part number is 1139-6221-02 HV1

gerryhuerta
05-13-2010, 09:28 PM
thanks for the part number, and the info. will give that board a shot and see what happens.

geardriven
05-13-2010, 09:42 PM
I have at least 400 of these machine in the field still and 90% of the time the t/s coronas are bad. take the t/s unit out of the machine make a copy stop it under the drum. is there a image on the drum if yes its your t/s coronas you can clean the corona end post with a eraser and then replace the wires
if there is no image on the drum replace your HV unit.

brent
05-14-2010, 04:42 AM
I vote ts corona assy also. I have taken and cleaned them good. and then put a mylar inside the charge side. all the way down. I think when you look at the 1083 models they have clear plastic mylars shielding the corona wire housing preventing the coronas from arching. try that.. although. try the above post. if the image is getting to the drum that clearly makes the hv unit working

gerryhuerta
05-17-2010, 06:25 PM
okay thanks for the advice, i will go back and check to see if there is an image on the drum and get back to you guys. will also be ordering the corona assy. will post the end result when part comes in. thanks

remielee
05-22-2010, 08:44 PM
okay thanks for the advice, i will go back and check to see if there is an image on the drum and get back to you guys. will also be ordering the corona assy. will post the end result when part comes in. thanks

for the additional if those instruction dosent work.

cleaning trans/charging corona unit or wires
checking HV or replaced

try to change the power supply sometimes the problem of blank copies caused of not enough voltage supplies to the HV.
make trial error copies

open the front door place a small paper on the switch door then make sample copy when the paper goes to the transport unit switch off the machine
see if the image was on the drum and check the paper also if theres an image then you can check if the probelm was on the charging corona or in the transfer.

good luck!

Custom Search