PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Custom Search

buellboy
05-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Hello,

Just bought a Canon IR-3100CN and a Datamax-I-4208 second hand. Got them at a steal basically both of them cost me less than half the RRP of the datamax.

Bit of a background on myself: I love DIY "hacking" (different to the illegal practice of "cracking") and I have a lot of hardware that I mess about with mainly barcode scanners, old pre-OBD engine ECUS using archaic russian technology to connect etc etc.

Both printers running great, the Canon, which probably is of more interest to you here looks brand new and prints amazing full colour copies. It has full cartridges and the drum/fuser is new (looked on the service menu).

The only thing that is slightly bugging me is the lack of Remote UI....i read that i need to upgrade the firmware. I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a service manual and a firmware file or a how-to on how to fix this!
Cheers!

buellboy
05-13-2010, 08:39 AM
I also realise that the 3100CN is a piece of crap printer....but I only realised this now after reading this forum! In any case, even if it goes completely wrong, I will have made a bargain on the datamax! Also the printer is destined for a small office so not much printing to do here! Just needed a fax an a colour laser printer....+ if it ever goes wrong i know where to get spare parts from!

Custom Search