PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C500

Custom Search

MEDADD
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
After putting in the 200k PM Kit parts I get a 45-20 code. The machine starts to boot but when it starts adjusting it throws the 45-20 code. I reset all of the counters when I did the PM.

harry2007
05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
you must perform Color Registration Adjustment
Be sure the image adjustment of black have been adjusted before performing this adjustment.

Procedure:

1 "Service Mode Menu screen"
Press [01 Machine Adjustment].

2. "Machine Adjustment Menu screen"
Press [01 Printer Adjustment].

3. "Printer Adjustment Menu screen"
Press [10 Color Registration Adj.].

4. "Color Registration Adjustment screen"
Press [Start].
5. The color registration adjustment starts and a message "Completed" is shown in about 2 minutes.

If the error message appears, perform an error correction referring to the below.
• Error 1: It does not converge within the standard value.
The patch density may be too light. Check around the drum unit and perform the auto gamma
0. Then conduct this adjustment again.
• Error 2: The difference of the color registration is too much.
Check the installation position of the write unit.
• Error 3: Other
The other malfunction other than the auto color registration adjustment may occur. Restart the
main body in the normal mode to check for malfunction code.

6. "Color Registration Adjustment screen"
Misalignment amounts of Y, M, and C of "Main Scan", "Sub Scan", "Horizontal", and "Skew" relative to K
are displayed on the panel.

good luck !

texchar555
05-13-2010, 07:41 PM
transfer belt might be walking off. check the bearings

Cantechman
05-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Clean the color registration assembly sensors then run the color registration adjustment. Bet it will work.

MEDADD
05-17-2010, 07:40 PM
I cleaned the face of the sensors without taking the color registration assembly out of the machine. It did not work. I did the color registration with dips 25 in 25 mode and auto color in 36 mode. It is still throwing the 45-20 code. The shutters appear to be working correctly

Albert
03-09-2011, 06:50 PM
After putting in the 200k PM Kit parts I get a 45-20 code. The machine starts to boot but when it starts adjusting it throws the 45-20 code. I reset all of the counters when I did the PM.

I always have this error code on my machine.
Clean the back sensor on the machine, the one on the way back of the machine.

Hope this helps as it does for me

RRodgers
03-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Back in the day I use to see toner get into the color reg sensors. I would pull it out, pull the sensors out and pop off the cover and clean them.

Do this, go into tech mode (36) and print out half tones of each color to be sure they all work. Just set the density on yellow to 110~120 and the rest to 0, then hit copy mode, then be sure you select color on the touch panel and hit start. You should get a nice yellow half tone out) then go back into adjust mode (p and c at the same time) and then set yellow to 0 and then cyan to 110~120, rinse and repeat for all the colors. If you have a problem with one of them, it will show up here. Then you can track down said problem.

GL and let us know how it goes.

texchar555
03-11-2011, 03:05 AM
you can clean them all you want but please make sure the springs on the shutters are springing back to the correct position sometimes they get stuck.

empiru
03-18-2011, 12:08 AM
If none of the above is working, turn off the machine, then turn it back on directly in the 36 mode. Do the Color Registration Adjustment yourself - i promise you, the 45-20 code won't appear. If the values you get are close to 0, you can turn it off, than back on in normal mode and... there you go!

Custom Search