PDA

View Full Version : KM 5050 C 6050

Custom Search

totoro
05-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Hey all,

I have a machine that will code out if you continue to run copies. The fuser will come to temp and make 2 or 3 copies at a time all day, but if you run longer sets the code pops up. It looks like the lamps are not coming on during a run. They will pulse after the run and bring the fuser back to temp, but not during. Have done: firmware, fuser ass., main control board, engine board and power supply. Have been on the phone with KM TS with no success. Can anyone think of anything else?

PS that is a C6050 code I'm getting

blackcat4866
05-15-2010, 02:19 AM
Are the fans running? I'd check that the filters are clear (or removed) and that the fans come on when copying, and point in the right direction.

I had a similar issue on a Sharp AR-C270 that would pull fuser codes a dozen times a day. That machine had two fuser fans. The filters were clogged and one of the fans was blowing in while the other was blowing out. =^..^=

totoro
05-15-2010, 05:02 AM
The code is a fuser undertemp error, so I don't think that this applies in this circumstance. This machine has been running for about 2.5 years with little to no problems and then suddenly this. Thanx for the suggestion though.

Assaf
05-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Change the Fuser unit will takecare of the problem.

blackcat4866
05-15-2010, 04:56 PM
How about heavy paper? When running long runs of heavy paper, and the machine is set to standard paper weight, the temperature can drop at the center of the heat roller. Perhaps enough to pull low temperature codes.

There is a bulletin about the modular fuser connector, but I'm sure that you already looked into that.

It's not uncommon for the customer to power Off/On, and the current code upon arrival is low temperature because the thermostat is open. =^..^=

totoro
05-18-2010, 02:32 AM
They are only printing on 20 lb. bond and the fuser was changed with no difference. I don't think I saw the bulletin, but KM tech support was at a loss also. Can you post it or send it to me at totoro_sc@yahoo.com?

blackcat4866
05-19-2010, 01:22 AM
You got it. =^..^=

randula7
05-19-2010, 03:51 AM
Open the cover make copy see fuser heater M & S working normaly or not. its very hard to see because fuser unit cover (very littel space) . did you check electrical outlet.check the voltage levels of the outlet.
if copier plugged into Multiplug with meny appliances you can have like this problems or C6400

Custom Search