PDA

View Full Version : Konica C350 P-7 code

Custom Search

bserbet
05-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C350 in my office and I have replaced all 3 coloured imaging units with the new ones but after that there appeared a symbol on the display which gives a code P-7. The copier still takes copies but the colours are very bad and the new imaging units seems like used. As you know on the copier there is a menu showing the life time of the units and every unit has 10 parts on life bar. But 9 out 10 parts of new imaging units are full. It must 0. What should I do? Thanks for spending your time.

mitchl
05-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi,

I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C350 in my office and I have replaced all 3 coloured imaging units with the new ones but after that there appeared a symbol on the display which gives a code P-7. The copier still takes copies but the colours are very bad and the new imaging units seems like used. As you know on the copier there is a menu showing the life time of the units and every unit has 10 parts on life bar. But 9 out 10 parts of new imaging units are full. It must 0. What should I do? Thanks for spending your time.
You seriously might want to call in the "A" team in other words your local dealer. There's a lot more to replacing the IU's other than getting them in the machine, gradation adjustment, cleaning that sort of thing.

bserbet
05-12-2007, 09:52 AM
When I first install the imaging units, copier gives CA-001 error message and stopped working. Then I clean inside of it and it started to work again but this time P-7 message appeared. I will call the service representative, but can you inform me about the meaning of P-7?

JSC
05-12-2007, 10:54 AM
When I first install the imaging units, copier gives CA-001 error message and stopped working. Then I clean inside of it and it started to work again but this time P-7 message appeared. I will call the service representative, but can you inform me about the meaning of P-7?

P-7 = Magenta Image Unit Faillure

CMB
05-12-2007, 11:56 AM
i always turn the copier off and unplug it when i replace parts. before replacing the IU's i give them a little shake holding them flat to make sure the developer is even inside the unit. i use the brush attached to the front door to clean off the laser lens or leds lens(depends on which model you are working on) once all the units are replaced, turn on main power and wait. copier resets the counts for you. sometimes it takes several minutes.

i never noticed a p code on these copiers. but, the old p codes on older equipment ment a door or cover was open. if it is a IU, more than likely the unit was tipped and all the developer is at one end. hold the unit level and shake it evenely and try again.

i don't run any adjustments-gradation or otherwise unless i have a problem and have to when replacing the IU's. so far i haven't had any issues thus far doing this. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

our policy is the only thing a customer is allowed to replace on all the bizhub color boxes is the toner, staples and paper, we replace everthing else to prevent things like this happening.

bserbet
05-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Does it mean that the magenta imaging unit is out of order? My copier is working but gives yellow instead of red as you can see at picture links below and although I have just replaced the new ones, they are displayed as used. What will service representatives do? Will they change my copier parts or just make a small setup change?

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2606/c3501rq9.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5379/c3502um2.jpg

Also do you have a list of error codes? I searched almost all countries Konica Minolta web sites but couldn't find anything.

CMB
05-12-2007, 12:26 PM
you could very well have a defective IU.

have you tried running halftone test patterens?
go into service mode and run C,M,Y,K halftone pattern at about a 128 density. this will tell you which IU is no good.

bserbet
05-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks all of you for your help, especially CMB. After I took your advises, I got the magenta IU out of copier and made a complete research on it by comparing with the replaced one. At the end, I found that a screw on the wheels of the mechanism was loose. After I tightened it, everything turned to normal.

idksocrates
01-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I am having a similar problem with our office c350 printer - there's a P-7 code, and when I checked the magenta image unit, i found that it is leaking powder significantly more than the other image units are, to the point where the bottom of the image unit compartment is getting the magenta dust on it.

We don't have any spares on hand, but i'm having one ordered, and having our Konica maintenance person called, but if anyone has any suggestions now, that would be helpful.

masterteknicion
01-07-2009, 02:41 AM
That is a magenta IU problem. Take it out and shake it side to side and try it. Once the code goes away the new iu's will show up in the consumables. Until that code goes asway the iu's will not reset.

Benedict
01-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi Guys

If your are not qualified and trained please do us all a favour and do not fiddle around with these colour units.They work well when properly worked on and looked after.You might just cost yourself and company plenty of unnecessary money when you damage a unit that was working fine before inexperienced hands fiddled around inside ,will still advise you to call Konica Minolta service tech to make sure everything is well.I take it you do not have a service contract do yourself a fovour and get one,parts wear and reach their yeild and will have to be replaced this can be extremely costly in a cash payments.

idksocrates
01-08-2009, 06:09 PM
The Konica guy did come by and confirm everything: he cleaned out the imaging compartment and then just put one of our older image units (that was running out) in, while we wait for the new one to arrive.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Custom Search