PDA

View Full Version : CQ C203 shifted color registration

Custom Search

chexin51
05-19-2010, 08:51 PM
bizhub C203 cc: 203577
Symptoms: colors shifted in the direction of paper path - the Cyan is just above the Black and the Mag is just above the Cyan and the Yellow is just above the Mag
in Test Mode - Lattice - 4 Color - the 4 colors are suppose to be printed directly on top of each other so the lattice lines appear to be one color black but what is printed is the black lines but just 1 mm above is the cyan line and 1 mm above the cyan is the magenta and 1 mm above the magenta is the yellow line - see the attached file

Actions Taken:
1. clean IDC sensors
2. new T Belt Assy
3. latest firmware - level R6
4. Trouble Reset - problem disappeared but came back
5. Initialize + Image Stabilization - problem returned immediately
6. Color Registration Adjustment but problem returned so I put back original values

I'm open to any suggestions

bizhub1
05-20-2010, 02:16 AM
bizhub C203 cc: 203577
Symptoms: colors shifted in the direction of paper path - the Cyan is just above the Black and the Mag is just above the Cyan and the Yellow is just above the Mag
in Test Mode - Lattice - 4 Color - the 4 colors are suppose to be printed directly on top of each other so the lattice lines appear to be one color black but what is printed is the black lines but just 1 mm above is the cyan line and 1 mm above the cyan is the magenta and 1 mm above the magenta is the yellow line - see the attached file

Actions Taken:
1. clean IDC sensors
2. new T Belt Assy
3. latest firmware - level R6
4. Trouble Reset - problem disappeared but came back
5. Initialize + Image Stabilization - problem returned immediately
6. Color Registration Adjustment but problem returned so I put back original values

I'm open to any suggestions
Hello, I know they had a update on the lasers for these models,203,253,353. Not sure if this was one of the symptoms for the update but I know you can still get a full set of lasers at no cost.

Matt25112
05-20-2010, 08:18 PM
That laser replacement FOC has a time expiration on it for sure though so def check it out soon.

bizhub1
05-20-2010, 08:40 PM
One other thing to check is the loop sensor located on the side door, it will change the timing of the fuser speed and throw off the registration, Not positive, but I think there is actually a tech pub on this.

chexin51
05-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Update:
the following additional actions have been performed

7. replaced PWB MFP Assy
8. Black Print Head

problem remains the same

I will try a PWB-MC ( PRCB Printer board ) and then 2 new IDC sensors

Also I will try the loop sensor for the fuser - thanks bizhub1

I will post my results soon as they happen

chexin51
06-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Update:

the following actions were performed and finally we hit the answer

9. PWB-MC
10. IDC sensors
11. re-intialize NVRAM - see bulletin TT-804 - special notes to be added when I get the info

The problem could sometimes disappear when I did a Trouble Reset but would return if I turned the machine OFF then ON

In step 2 I said I changed the T Belt Assy but it was from a working machine and the fuse was blown.
This was my mistake. Upon the suggestion from Tech Support I tried a brand new T Belt Assy.
The machine required to blow the T-Belt fuse in order to completely reset the glitch.

12. a new T-Belt Assy - the problem is solved

Thanks to everyone for your help

Custom Search