PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Fiery Calibration issue

Custom Search

pspahr
05-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Hello all. I was hoping someone could give me some help with a calibration issue with a Fiery 3XETY on the back of an Ikon CPP650. The customer has the ES1000 densitometer and up until yesterday calibrating using that unit worked well. Currently, though, it is not working at all. The site uses Mac only with OSX updated to Snow leopard. Opening CWS5 and clicking on Calibration issues the following error: The service Calibrator is currently used by "Operator".

I connected my laptop running XP and connected the densitometer to it, opened CWS5 and tried the calibration with the same result. I shut down the Fiery, restarted it, rebooted it, cleared the server, did everything I could think of other than re-isntall the sys software. Any ideas other than software re-install would be greatly appreciated.

I feel it certainly resides in the Fiery server or the densitometer, not CWS5 or any of the workstations as later that day I successfully calibrated an identical machine at another location with their densitometer and my laptop. That leaves the Fiery and the es1000. Barring other ideas from the rest of you my next step is to borrow the other's densitometer to test at the problem location.

Thanks for any assistance.

KenB
05-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Although I don't remember a patch for this problem, does the Fiery have all the latest and greatest updates?

Make sure you use the latest version of CWS5; it's been updated several times, and substantial fixes were added each time. You can freely download it from EFI.

RRodgers
05-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Yeah I'm thinking patch. Can you do a calibration from the glass with the Kodak strips at all?

TheOwl
05-24-2010, 01:30 AM
In Command Workstation, are you logging in as the Administrator or one of the other users?

If you want to test the ES-1000, you can download some software call Eye-One (from memory that is what it is called) and test your ES-1000 with that. You should still be able to download this from the GretagMacbeth website (the makers of the ES-1000).

Custom Search