PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250/350 Scan to SMB Setup

Custom Search

integritybob
05-25-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm trying to set up scan to SMB for a couple of accounts. Both are small peer-to-peer networks, one is Windows XP, the other is Windows 7. I can ping the target machines from the copier, but the scans don't show up in the target directory. Anyone have any tips or pointers?

aleksander
05-26-2010, 09:46 AM
check the share name if you are using SMB. If you are use Win Vista or 7, you can add the guest account to share your folder. change the guest's permission level from Reader to Co-Owner.

iconzap
05-26-2010, 11:17 PM
check if the firewall on your pc is activated. allow the machine or ip of the machine to be trusted ip. or disable the firewall.

integritybob
06-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks aleksander and iconzap. I have been successful in getting scan to SMB working on both accounts. The problem was indeed with permissions. I discovered that one way to make this much easier is to simply plug my laptop into the customer's network. If I can see the target machine and directory and copy a file into it (after supplying username and password), then the copier will (most likely) scan to it with no problem.

Custom Search