PDA

View Full Version : Jamming BAMBOOZLED

Custom Search

Spidula
05-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Here goes...

Konica Bizhub C450 with an FS-507.

Initial fault months ago was jamming A3 from tray two, but not registering any jam codes. Fed from other trays ok and tray two also fed A4 and A4R. After changing sensors, feed tyres, clutches and most of the feed assembly the problem persisted. So, took the finisher off and away she went feeding A3. Thus, the finisher control board was changed and bobs your uncle. (Bizarre one!)

However, The m/c is now jamming again A3 only from tray 2, no jam codes, and this time with the finisher on and off. Now I know the sensors are good and all the parts for the feed.

ANYONE...HELP!!

Reply even if its just to tell me you have no clues! Because I certainly don't!

Thanks

pepper38_cnd
05-29-2010, 01:19 AM
change the spring clutch and gear for the finisher horizontal transport, the little tab on the gear wears out and the gear slips on the larger paper sizes because of greater drag.

Si@danwood
06-01-2010, 06:26 AM
change the spring clutch and gear for the finisher horizontal transport, the little tab on the gear wears out and the gear slips on the larger paper sizes because of greater drag.

Its already been said it still jams with the finisher disconnected! It sounds like the exit sensor!(The one on the right hand vertical unit FFS near the orange/yellow gate assy!) They tend to warp with the heat!They will check out in sensor check mode but cause timing issues thus throwing up random jams with no code!If the machine has a duplex then one of the sensors on there is the same,should you not have one to hand!Obviously it would mean disabling the duplex until you can return!

Spidula
06-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Its already been said it still jams with the finisher disconnected! It sounds like the exit sensor!(The one on the right hand vertical unit FFS near the orange/yellow gate assy!) They tend to warp with the heat!They will check out in sensor check mode but cause timing issues thus throwing up random jams with no code!If the machine has a duplex then one of the sensors on there is the same,should you not have one to hand!Obviously it would mean disabling the duplex until you can return!

The sensor just below the fuser and the one on the exit gate assy are only a few months old. Mind you the m/c has 1.3mil on it. They are due a new one in my opinion. Its getting very temperamental in its old age!

Custom Search