PDA

View Full Version : CQ Biz250 parallelogram distortion

Custom Search

mascan42
05-28-2010, 08:33 PM
I have a Bizhub 250 that is giving a parallelogram-type distortion from the glass and the doc feeder - that is, the vertical is skewed, but the horizontal is straight. I can even see off the edge of the page on the one end that is skewed inward. Internal test prints are fine, so the issue is in the image reader.

There seems to be some confusion even among our "experts" whether this is a mechanical issue with the mirrors, or an image processing problem. Some say if it was the mirrors, it would skew the entire image (which makes sense to me), but others say a skewed 1st mirror would only affect the vertical. And looking at the image, it definitely looks like a pure optical skew, if only on the one axis.

907tec
05-28-2010, 09:10 PM
I just got done addressing the same issue on a di3510. Our customers like to lean on the free-hanging corner of the scanner assembly, tweaking the frame. Take a few steps back from the machine and look at it head-on: does the left edge of the scanner assembly seem to be hanging lower? Pull upward on the corner and you should see it move back into place. That slight bend in the path of the mirror rails will cause the "parallelogram distortion" that you are talking about.

Custom Search