PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica 8031 C1220 and 'clunking' sound

Custom Search

edrummie
05-31-2010, 07:04 PM
I've had this 8031 for 2years. I've replaced a number of Toners and Imaging units, as well as the Fuser and Transfer Roller - all without incedent. I tracked down the Tech password and reset the counters for the Ozone Filter and the Transfer roller (to clear the messages off the display).

However, I recently replace a Cyan Imaging Unit last week and it printed a test page and 20-30 pages fine until it started to misplace color. It has also started to 'grind' when the motor is getting started, like a gear is mis-stepping or slipping 'clunk - clunk - clunk' in the back. On it's own - this does not create an error at startup, but if I try to print or copy - it happens again, just as the printer is getting ready to print and I get the C1220 code.

8031 with Duplex and Finisher, 3Xe Fiery Driver. Room temperature is a bit high at 23C/75F.

Image Transfer Belt is just over half

Thanks, E.

RRodgers
05-31-2010, 08:02 PM
I've had this 8031 for 2years. I've replaced a number of Toners and Imaging units, as well as the Fuser and Transfer Roller - all without incedent. I tracked down the Tech password and reset the counters for the Ozone Filter and the Transfer roller (to clear the messages off the display).

However, I recently replace a Cyan Imaging Unit last week and it printed a test page and 20-30 pages fine until it started to misplace color. It has also started to 'grind' when the motor is getting started, like a gear is mis-stepping or slipping 'clunk - clunk - clunk' in the back. On it's own - this does not create an error at startup, but if I try to print or copy - it happens again, just as the printer is getting ready to print and I get the C1220 code.

8031 with Duplex and Finisher, 3Xe Fiery Driver. Room temperature is a bit high at 23C/75F.

Image Transfer Belt is just over half

Thanks, E.

Put the old Cyan IU back in and see if still makes the noise.

Waste toner boxes would get noisey as well.

edrummie
05-31-2010, 08:19 PM
I can't try the old Image Unit as it was reported as 'end of life' and since the copier worked with the new unit, I sent the old one off to recyling.

Custom Search