PDA

View Full Version : CQ Exposure adjustment KM 4035

Custom Search

rocky_biskit
06-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Need help or the procedure for adjusting the exposure lamp intensity on the above model. Please keep in mind, I havent any manuals on this machine, so if this is done in a "tech mode" I would need the procedure for getting into the tech mode as well.

Thanks ALL!!!

blackcat4866
06-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Please keep in mind that in most cases, when you have a monocomponent toner system with an ASi drum, image quality is pretty stable. I guess what I want to say is that taking care of consumables like the drum, developing cylinder and primary charge wire should solve most quality issues. Aftermarket toner is the single most common source of image quality problems. Cleaning optics will also help.

Once you've checked those things, then, this is how you can adjust image quality:
Copy, 10871087, 093, Start,
Here is where you'll need to adjust the most commonly used exposure mode: Mixed, Text, or Photo (mixed or text is the most commonly used).
Select the desired mode. I'll use Text as an example. Next you can adjust the Text Lighter range (from lightest to middle setting), and Text Darker (from middle to darkest setting). Your numerical values range from 0-3. Press Start to lock in your changes. Clear x2 (to exit U093 mode), 001, Start (to exit service mode).

If your consumables are in good shape you should not need to make exposure adjustments. =^..^=

rocky_biskit
06-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks blackcat!!
All that you mentioned (consumables) has been done. Maintenance kit has been installed and optics were cleaned.

You reply is greatly appreciated!!

Custom Search