PDA

View Full Version : C6501 IC 305 Hard desk size

Custom Search

gamalmehdar
06-03-2010, 07:03 AM
i need to configure the Hard desk size for IC 305 in bizhub pro C6501?
from wich menu or setting can i check the hard desk capasity and size?

TheOwl
06-04-2010, 12:05 AM
What are you trying to configure exactly? From memeory this is an EFI controller, but correct me if I am wrong.

Most Fiery's don't really mind what size disk you put into the controller, just as long as it is the same size or bigger than the original. Then when loading the OS on to it, part of the system software install will partition and configure your HDD for you.

If it isn't a Fiery and it is a Creo, then the same applies except that when you insert the System disk, it will Ghost the HDD to exactly what it needs.

If you don't know what size the disk is, then open up the controller and and find out how big the disk is.

KenB
06-04-2010, 02:25 AM
The IC-305 is either a Pro80 or S450. (I struggle with the differences between 'em.)

Either way, it's an external Fiery with an LCD.

TheOwl
06-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks for clarifying that one for me Ken.

DUKEY
06-04-2010, 02:50 AM
Hi, I've seen this post and was just curious to what you are doing! the machine comes with an option called HD506 which is a 4x40gb harddrive in the machine, which withcurrent firmware ver 15 is only used for stamps and watermarks an overlays and is formatted with the fat32! and may be accessible in the tech rep mode of the machine! and if your talking about the IC305 you can print out a configuration page from the fiery/creo and it comes with its own software to load if you need to format/ partition the hard drive

gamalmehdar
06-05-2010, 06:35 AM
thank you for all
the customer need to check the hard desk size (capacity) in ic 305
how can do that

RRodgers
06-05-2010, 06:52 AM
thank you for all
the customer need to check the hard desk size (capacity) in ic 305
how can do that

I'm sure they saw the CBS report and are now worried. I just got a rash of these last week. Just do a print configuration page from the fiery. That will tell you everything you need to know. BE SURE you have the automatic updates TURNED ON!! This will patch the "window's" side of the Fiery. You can remote in to turn it on. (I think you can do it from the server set up as well)

They'll probably say something to the effect of... oh.. the HDD is a 160 gig but I see it has like 10 gig's used up! What is on there... we want it deleted. To that you tell them it's the Fiery software that is on there. Delete that and you can't print. :)

TheOwl
06-07-2010, 12:10 AM
You can also use Command WorkStation to view what your HDD sizes and see the jobs that are currently being held on there.

HORSE
06-08-2010, 01:43 AM
The IC305 System 8 had a SATA 160GB but I have used an off the shelf PC shop 250GB and 320GB with out issue. Also have used a 80GB from a IC408 in a IC305 and even the smaller disk works without issue.

I have approx 220 IC303/IC305/IC408 in my small area, Have a bit of a system where I can wipe a HDD with Killdisk and Pre-Load the System on our workshop Fiery and send it out with one of my boys already configured.

*** Note*** The new IC305 System 9.... I have not checked how compatible the disk is. Have only got about 5 in the field.

Stirton.M
06-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Most of what I had noticed with many fiery controllers is that they are capable of addressing drive sizes well beyond the original size. C350 copiers with the X3e (same one on the 3102) came with a 20G drive, but many of those we have replaced with 80G and so far 1 120G without issue.

The IC 408 we have a 500GB drive in there. Thanfully, we haven't had a rash of drive failures like that of the X3e days...piece of crap toshiba drives...some go right away, others last almost a year, all fail eventually. The replacement drives, seagates, all are still going...that is, on those machines still in the field.

And all SATA interfaces are capable of addressing any current drive size out there, up to 2 TB, at least from everything I have read and personally observed.

HORSE
06-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Most of what I had noticed with many fiery controllers is that they are capable of addressing drive sizes well beyond the original size. C350 copiers with the X3e (same one on the 3102) came with a 20G drive, but many of those we have replaced with 80G and so far 1 120G without issue.

The IC 408 we have a 500GB drive in there. Thanfully, we haven't had a rash of drive failures like that of the X3e days...piece of crap toshiba drives...some go right away, others last almost a year, all fail eventually. The replacement drives, seagates, all are still going...that is, on those machines still in the field.

Yeah I share your pain, my rule a few years ago..... if it required more than 1 reload within 2 months it got drilled and replaced.

I have a few 320GB in IC408....... try finding 80GB these days not easy.

Heard that the new System 9 IC305 uses unique hardware.... but then EFI has been saying that for years.

Stirton.M
06-08-2010, 06:36 AM
SATA hard drive installed in that box. Custom boot loader maybe??? I imaged the hard disk to my laptop via eSATA and didn't notice anything special.

Tried to mount that same image into VMware, got partway into booting XP and it crashed.

Custom Search