PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta bizhub c350 slow printing

Custom Search

robbiecd
05-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Hello, I need some help solving a problem that seems to have stumped our technical staff at a bustling architectural firm in Charlotte, NC. We have a bizhub as mentioned in the title. It shouldn't take an hour to print a ten page document containing photos, no matter what the resolution is. I'll confess I'm not in the field of technical support, but I know that there is something that can be done to fix this costly problem. The printer simply takes way too long to print anything containing graphics. Please offer suggestions that I can forward to our tech staff.
Thank You!

JSC
05-16-2007, 06:42 PM
What size files are we taking about? does it have an embedded controller or a Fiery?
When you go to print in the initial dialogue box is the collate box 'ticked' if so untick it as this slows up the printing, you say it takes an hour to print some documents how long does it take to spool from the PC/Mac?

robbiecd
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
I'll have to ask our in-house tech. I don't know about embedded controllers or a fiery. I'll check the coallate box, but I think it is a more fundamental issue. Thanks, robbie

robbiecd
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
I'll have to ask our in-house tech. I don't know about embedded controllers or a fiery. I'll check the coallate box, but I think it is a more fundamental issue. Thanks, robbie

DallasTech
05-16-2007, 11:38 PM
I had a very similar problem earlier this year. An engineering firm was printing graphics on a c350. Make sure your printing to the LPR port and check the size of the files your printing. If your using Adobe Indesign, save it as a .pdf and print the .pdf from Adobe Reader. This goes for any editing software, if your printing from there, the file is definitely too big.

Scott_Lewis
05-17-2007, 04:02 AM
shouldn't take an hour to print a ten page document containing photos,

You don't say what kind of application you are printing from. Any application that sends an 'image' rather than formatted text will take longer. If you are sending pdf docs from adobe, make sure you are not "printing as an image". I can promise you they will take about 60 times longer to print that way.:eek:

Morton & Associates
08-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Hello, I need some help solving a problem that seems to have stumped our technical staff at a bustling architectural firm in Charlotte, NC. We have a bizhub as mentioned in the title. It shouldn't take an hour to print a ten page document containing photos, no matter what the resolution is. I'll confess I'm not in the field of technical support, but I know that there is something that can be done to fix this costly problem. The printer simply takes way too long to print anything containing graphics. Please offer suggestions that I can forward to our tech staff.
Thank You!

Here is something you might try - doing these two things increased out printing speeds with a Bizhub 281 and Bizhub 361 in Windows 2000. I found out about this when trying to speed up the print on a Hewlet Packard printer about 5 years ago - and the increase was significant enough with it - I tried this on the Bizhubs and both of the two Bizhub models I has access too had noticeable performance increases.

1. Go to start, settings and printers
2. Right click on the printer for your model Bizhub, select properties.
3. Click on the advanced tab - and change the seting from "start printing immediately" to start printing after last page is spooled.
4. Click on Printing Defaults
5. A new box will come up - click on the quality tab
6. Click on Font settings
7. Where it says download font format -> change this from Outline to Bitmap.

When you print your test page it should make a significant difference in speed.

buster68
08-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Robbie,

If you are using the standard embedded controller with the C350, you are bound to have some printing issues, especially on postscript documents.

The C350 standard controller was a PCL5e emulation. Great for printing small color files. Not so great for printing PDFs/postscript files. The problem gets only worse as Adobe updates its programs. Acrobat 6 worked great with the C350. 7 not so good, 8 is down right awful, and 9...don't even try it. I've seen 5mb pdf files blow up to almost 100 mb on the C350, and take about 45 minutes to print the file. The reason, conversion. The copier has to convert the PS file into something it can understand and print...PCL5e.

You may want to make sure the copier is set to "printer" as priority device, that will help a tiny bit. Other than that, the only thing I would recommend is look into upgrading to a machine that can handle both PCL and PS emulation.

shoush
08-31-2022, 02:35 AM

Hi
I have installed this printer to my windows 7 and Even windows 10 and it works fine.
If you want, i can send the software that i used to install this printer successfully.

The problem i have now is that i can't connect my mobile phone to the printer and it only works on pc.
do you or anyone you know has a solution to this problem?

shoush
08-31-2022, 02:37 AM
Robbie,

If you are using the standard embedded controller with the C350, you are bound to have some printing issues, especially on postscript documents.

The C350 standard controller was a PCL5e emulation. Great for printing small color files. Not so great for printing PDFs/postscript files. The problem gets only worse as Adobe updates its programs. Acrobat 6 worked great with the C350. 7 not so good, 8 is down right awful, and 9...don't even try it. I've seen 5mb pdf files blow up to almost 100 mb on the C350, and take about 45 minutes to print the file. The reason, conversion. The copier has to convert the PS file into something it can understand and print...PCL5e.

You may want to make sure the copier is set to "printer" as priority device, that will help a tiny bit. Other than that, the only thing I would recommend is look into upgrading to a machine that can handle both PCL and PS emulation.

Hi
I have installed this printer to my windows 7 and Even windows 10 and it works fine.

The problem i have now is that i can't connect my mobile phone to the printer and it only works on pc.

techsxge
08-31-2022, 07:20 AM
Hi

Yes. Be in the same Network as the Printer and download the Konica Minolta Printer App

copyman
08-31-2022, 01:12 PM
Hi

If you are talking about the old C350 then you are lucky to even have connected to Win 10 without issues. Not sure if that older model supports printing from phones, bluetooth, etc.
Perhaps it can be done through wireless network?

I know if you try to setup scanning you will have issues with that model.

Synthohol
08-31-2022, 01:15 PM
the phone and the c350 must be on the same network.
is the phone connected to the wifi the same IP scheme as the wired network?
see if the copiers web page will open on a browser on your phone.
if not maybe the wired and wireless network are different subnets.

Markks
09-03-2022, 07:39 PM
Thank You!

I had a customer with an older Konica that started slow printing like this after a Windows 10 update we could not come up with a fix for it. They had a PC that was still running Windows 7 that had no trouble printing the same file. You could try deleting the print driver and reloading the latest driver. Here is the link to find the driver . Good luck

</title>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="title" lang="en-us" content="Service | Self-Help Product Support" />
<meta name="description" lang="en-us" content="One Stop Product Support for Konica Minolta Products." />
<meta name="keywords" lang="en-us" content="Konica Minolta drivers, Konica Minolta utilities, Konica Minolta product documentation" />
<meta name="Author" lang="en-us" content="KonicaMinolta" />
<meta name="robots" content="all" />

<title>Self-Help Product Support | Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. (https://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/OneStopProductSupport?appMode=public&productId=299&categoryId=1&subCategoryId=ft17)

Custom Search