PDA

View Full Version : C280 Fuser

Custom Search

copytechman
06-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Hello all, recently I had to t-shoot a noisy C280, it was squawking whenever the fuser pressure mechanism engaged/disengaged.. @ the time I thought it was the fuser since this was one of the first ones we'd set up.. Long story short, replaced fuser, noise remained, found an issue (and later a bulletin) about the fuser pressure drive motor mounting causing noise.. Well that fixed the machine but now I have a fuser thats good but not in it's "new" state. I tried checking everywhere I could on all of the harnesses into the fuser but couldn't find the telltale little green fuse (like on the older c353 series and earlier). Does anyone know a) if this fuser has a reset fuse, and b) where the h*ck is it? Cuz I tried and I couldn't find it anywhere!!

Best Regards!
A.

Ps this also apply to some colour OKI fusers too... same issue.. couldnt find the fuse.. (on those machines the schematic for the fuse even tells u where it is!! ) No dice.. @ least not per the manual!!

Stirton.M
06-08-2010, 05:33 AM
This is a good question though unfortunately I haven't an answer. My experience with many of the latest models these days is that when the fuser is at the end of its life, it really IS at the end of its life, so I have never bothered to re-fuse the things. 252s and 352s, no problem...253 right on up to 360s, no way.

I suppose you could hold onto the fuser for that rare event:rolleyes: (not really) that a fuser will commit hari kari and spit rubber chunks all over :eek:like they so love to do :mad:and swap that out with the used one you have:cool:.

emujo
06-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Fuser assy and transfer belt assy are reset through the "new release" option in service mode/counters. Good way to test without having to pop the fuse on new units. This method is the same for the C652/652DS models. Front door must be open when you press the fuser new release icon or it wont reset. Emujo

copytechman
06-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Awesome, thats a great help! I truly appreciate it! I didn't want to waste a perfectly good fuser after all!)

Best regards!
A.

Custom Search