Custom Search

toddanderson
05-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Has anyone setup SMTP scan to email to a gmail account

I am looking for a outside public smtp server for testing i do
not want to use a local server.

Cipher
05-16-2007, 10:45 PM
I scan to my gmail account all the time, but I've never tried using google's own SMTP server as the relay.
But if you can sucessfully connect and authenticate to the gmail smtp server with your details then it should work.

Gmail: How to use Gmail as your SMTP server - Lifehacker (http://lifehacker.com/software/email-apps/how-to-use-gmail-as-your-smtp-server-111166.php)

toddanderson
05-16-2007, 11:26 PM
I agree it should work , but i have not had success with it. I have looked
at all the google help stuff and searched

I scan to my gmail account all the time, but I've never tried using google's own SMTP server as the relay.
But if you can sucessfully connect and authenticate to the gmail smtp server with your details then it should work.

Gmail: How to use Gmail as your SMTP server - Lifehacker (http://lifehacker.com/software/email-apps/how-to-use-gmail-as-your-smtp-server-111166.php)

Tonerbomb
05-17-2007, 01:14 PM
I've tried to scan off outside Email servers many times with little success. It seems to ne hard to be difficult to get out of the environment yuour in and hit the outside server form relay or authentication. The relay off the internal server is no problem and you should be able to hit your gmail that way easily.

dogsbody
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
have to have the option to use SSL and port 465, along with smtp.gmail.com etc. Can give some screen shots of KonicaMinolta setups if needed.

Chronus102
11-01-2007, 09:41 AM
i'm not sure how many time you all have used the scan to email portion of the scanner, but it seems from what i have been reading is that most scan via FTP, and SMB. Just from past experience one common thing that people forget about is the DNS servers when configuring the scan to email feature. so basically just a run down for any scan to email you need IP address, Subnet Mask, Default gateway, at least 1 DNS server, SMTP outgoing server (and whatever that is entailed with setting up), and of course some sort of outgoing email address for the coordinated e-mail server.

toddanderson
11-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes if you could send the print screens that would be very helpful
I have worked on this for some time and getting no where with gmail

Thank you
Email: toddanderson8@hotmail.com

have to have the option to use SSL and port 465, along with smtp.gmail.com etc. Can give some screen shots of KonicaMinolta setups if needed.

Scott_Lewis
11-03-2007, 02:40 AM
And, don't forget about server authentication. There are quite a few different methods with only a few being popular. Most of the time the administrator doesn't know what kind or if authentication is required. Looks to me like all of the windoze email programs just figure it out automatically if the user says it is needed.

Chronus102 covered everything else I could think of.

dogsbody
11-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes if you could send the print screens that would be very helpful
I have worked on this for some time and getting no where with gmail

Thank you
Email: toddanderson8@hotmail.com

Here is how I setup our C250 at work.

radar65
11-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I agree with Scott_Lewis and Chronus102, many times DNS and server authentication are over looked or just missing that tiny bit of info which will let it pass. As long as you get the Gmail settings right the rest is taken care of by DNS.

unisys12
11-04-2007, 01:29 AM
I agree with the authentication... After this is obtained, most all the Savins/Ricohs will scan to any e-mail. We have a bunch of little 816's scanning to MSN e-mail accounts. The trouble we had, setting up the account, was finding out the customers e-mail settings for their default ISP. That was because they didn't use them for e-mail communication. Go Figure!!

fausto1981
01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
No, i have had the same problem with GMAIL, even when having all he correct DNS settings (even using a public DNS 4.2.2.2) or using the IP address of their SMTP server. or using authentication and port 465 i coulnd't get it to work on a Ricoh machine.

The only one thing that i haven't tried it using SSL when using their SMTP.

I will give that a try on monday and see if it works..

Wish me luck

Parlett316
01-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I have a customer which switched to Gmail for Business but they have a Savin C2525 so of course no SSL.

Tried Hotmail but also requires SSL. Anyone know of any free email to use so they can emai from the machine?

Edit: Whoa, tried gawab.com and i'm sending from my Savin C3030 in my demo room. Nice!

fausto1981
01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Well I don't know if you have the same problem that i am having with Verizon. but if you don't have Verizon you could use the customers Internet Service Provider SMTP. and set it up that way.

Parlett316
01-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Well I don't know if you have the same problem that i am having with Verizon. but if you don't have Verizon you could use the customers Internet Service Provider SMTP. and set it up that way.

I wish I could have but they are using Gmail for Business.

fausto1981
01-12-2008, 12:39 AM
I to setup the Ricoh using Gmail SMTP, but there is no option to enable SSL like the Konica, I don't know what else to try, Usually at times like this I would setup IIS in a Windows XP pro or 2Kpro and add the IP address on the relay and that solves the problem but this customer only has a P2P with a laptop and two other XP Home PCs.

I would really like to know if any of you out there have had the same problem that im having right now; and if possible please tell me how you got around it because i really need to get a solution for this.

toddanderson
01-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Could you explain the IIS relay and or print screen it
I am very new at this and still learning, I have been working on this gmail for sometime

I to setup the Ricoh using Gmail SMTP, but there is no option to enable SSL like the Konica, I don't know what else to try, Usually at times like this I would setup IIS in a Windows XP pro or 2Kpro and add the IP address on the relay and that solves the problem but this customer only has a P2P with a laptop and two other XP Home PCs.

I would really like to know if any of you out there have had the same problem that im having right now; and if possible please tell me how you got around it because i really need to get a solution for this.

fausto1981
01-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Here you go man, it took me like an hour to write this document.

toddanderson
01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you very much !

toshibadale
02-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Bluebottle.com also works. However, if you don't have someone send some e-mails to the account every month, they will cancel the account.

dogsbody
02-02-2008, 09:44 AM
I've said it before, why are you spending so much time on scan to email? When you use an ISP the scan goes out to the internet and then back to the customer taking a long time, not to mention file size limits.
Just set up an SMB or FTP scan and tell them to attach that to their email. 2 minutes to set up and chances are you won't have to worry about it again, and if they want to scan that 200 page colour manual that ends up being 80MB they can.
I have never once set up scan to email using an ISP and not had hassles, if you don't have an exchange server or similar forget about it - or when it stops working I WILL leave them a $200 bill.

fausto1981
02-02-2008, 04:37 PM
HERE IS THE PROBLEM:

I need the e-mail feature because the customer is using the machine for fax forwarding to e-mail. because he is not on the office all the time and he received a lot of faxes.

I told the guy that I could setup fax forwarding to folder with no problem, and after that he could VPN to his PC in the office but this is a very small company, (three people only) he has a laptop and that is what he uses for work. and takes it home at the end of the day.

He is going to switch ISP just to get this to work.

I appreciate all the help and ideas but I wrote this here because I ran out of ideas.;)

dogsbody
02-03-2008, 07:34 AM
HERE IS THE PROBLEM:

I need the e-mail feature because the customer is using the machine for fax forwarding to e-mail. because he is not on the office all the time and he received a lot of faxes.

I told the guy that I could setup fax forwarding to folder with no problem, and after that he could VPN to his PC in the office but this is a very small company, (three people only) he has a laptop and that is what he uses for work. and takes it home at the end of the day.

He is going to switch ISP just to get this to work.

I appreciate all the help and ideas but I wrote this here because I ran out of ideas.;)

I have never come across that situation before and thought that sooner or later I will so there must be a solution.
I have an alternative for you. It's a little piece of software called gmailsync. When run it takes the contents of a folder and emails them (through gmail) to a particular address, it then moves the files to another folder so there is no double up next time. All the setup of the gmail account name and password, folder to watch etc is done through an XML config file (is very easy to follow). Using the windows scheduler you can set to run as often as the customer wants and they can access the faxes on the road.
I got it from here: GmailSync - Free automated backup solution using Gmail - Nauman Leghari's Blog (http://weblogs.asp.net/nleghari/articles/gmailbackup.aspx)
I got set up and working in about twenty minutes with a couple of small problems. I'm no expert but will help with setup if needed.
Cheers.

fausto1981
02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Man, Finally a solution that sounds very good. My customer is switching ISPs but i was worried that someone else would have the same problem.

Thanks you very much for your help. I have something similar to that but it is just a simple batch file that moves the files from one folder to a different folder on the network. ((Had to do that becuase customer had Scan Router v2 Lite and he wanted to scan to a novell server so I installed that on his 2000 server and now everything gets moved to a different folder using the batch file running every 5 minutes))

Thanks again i will give that a try right away.;)

dogsbody
02-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Hope it works for you.

toddanderson
02-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Could you share your batch file,

Thank you
Eamil: toddanderson8@hotmail.com

Man, Finally a solution that sounds very good. My customer is switching ISPs but i was worried that someone else would have the same problem.

Thanks you very much for your help. I have something similar to that but it is just a simple batch file that moves the files from one folder to a different folder on the network. ((Had to do that becuase customer had Scan Router v2 Lite and he wanted to scan to a novell server so I installed that on his 2000 server and now everything gets moved to a different folder using the batch file running every 5 minutes))

Thanks again i will give that a try right away.;)

fausto1981
02-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Sure man,

open the command prompt, type edit

then just paste this the following
@echo off
cd \
cd c:\Folder_on_Local_PC
move *.* \\server_or_IP\shared_folder\Folder (file://\\server_or_IP\shared_folder\Folder)

then save the file with the .bat for example move.bat

and then just schedule a task
((In some cases you might have to add the user name and password but I am assuming that the person moving this files had the writes to write on the "Folder"

By the way, taht GmailSynch works great. Now I have an answer for the next customer that has the same problem. he is already in the process of switching ISPs

Thanks again!!!;)

ck1
03-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Here is how I setup our C250 at work.

Wao ! great is work ........... but di 2510 or bizhub250 can work ?

Custom Search