PDA

View Full Version : Electrical CF CARD

Custom Search

fernan
06-07-2010, 07:49 PM
hello guys, i need your experties about the problem i have encounter in Bizhub 751............
anybody have the idea how to copy the File of the working CF CARD into new CF CARD
i try to cut and paste even clone the file of the CF CARD and transfer it on new CF CARD but still it does not work ...............
the probem was only HOUR GLASS showing in the screen nothing else i replace the MFB/IPB.
or is there any way to rewrite the program (ISW) of the BH751 other than USB.

thank you guys

DIMM
06-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Maybe Clonezilla (http://clonezilla.org/) fixes your CF Card cloning

TheOwl
06-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Remove the rear cover and check the fuseable links ICP12, ICP13, ICP14 for continuetyon the PRCB (board down in the bottom left corner when looking at the back of the machine). If any of these are blown, then you will need to replace the PRCB and repair the wire harness in Tray 3 underneath the tray lift.

I have had this one as well and thought it was the CF card, only to find that there is a tech bulletin about this exact issue where by the wire harness in tray3 gets broken and shorts out on the tray lift mech.

Rudi
06-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Remove the rear cover and check the fuseable links ICP12, ICP13, ICP14 for continuetyon the PRCB (board down in the bottom left corner when looking at the back of the machine). If any of these are blown, then you will need to replace the PRCB and repair the wire harness in Tray 3 underneath the tray lift.

I have had this one as well and thought it was the CF card, only to find that there is a tech bulletin about this exact issue where by the wire harness in tray3 gets broken and shorts out on the tray lift mech.
Hi TheOwl could you please send me a copy of the bulliten i am sitting with the excact same problem and cannot find this tad on our knowledgebase.
Regards
Rudi

sairam
06-12-2010, 09:38 AM
for u r problem simply back up NVRAM BY cf card .u r problem can solve

TheOwl
06-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Here is the tech bulletin required to fix the issue.

Konica Minolta have now also put in to the bulletin that Tray 4 can also cause the same issue.

chicagotech64
06-15-2010, 12:25 AM
I had this issue last week and tried to format in dos mode to fat. Then I copied the files over and it did not work. I had to purchase a card from KM and it worked. I originally checked for the drawer wiring as in the bulletin but that was not the problem.

TheOwl
06-15-2010, 02:19 AM
There is a special way to format the cards and you should be able to find the tool on the Konica Minolta Tech Site.

Rudi
06-15-2010, 06:12 PM
There is a special way to format the cards and you should be able to find the tool on the Konica Minolta Tech Site.
Thanks alot dude , this explains my problem to the bone.
Sorry, i quoted the wrong reply, it was ment for the one with the T.A.D that you gave.

tech51
06-15-2010, 06:55 PM
I had this issue last week and tried to format in dos mode to fat. Then I copied the files over and it did not work. I had to purchase a card from KM and it worked. I originally checked for the drawer wiring as in the bulletin but that was not the problem.

The cards are formatted in VxWorks format and should not be formatted any other way. You can put these cards in a windows PC and copy files to them but if it still doesnt work its time to get a new (pre formatted) card. Ive not heard of any konica tool that can format these cards but if one exists I`d like to know!! Cheers..

TheOwl
06-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Here in Australia, Konica Minolta have a tool that will allow you to wipe the card completely (write 0's across the card in the case that you do format it in FAT or FAT32) and then another tool that allows you to push an image of the CF card back on to the CF card.

Before anyone replaces a CF card at the moment, I would suggest that they definately go through the TAD that I posted fist to make sure that it isn't the PRCB.

pakalo
06-16-2010, 08:37 AM
HI dear guys,
if someone wants to learn German, here is a software utility to manage the CF card of bizhub BW.
Ciao.

jotunn
06-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Here in Australia, Konica Minolta have a tool that will allow you to wipe the card completely (write 0's across the card in the case that you do format it in FAT or FAT32) and then another tool that allows you to push an image of the CF card back on to the CF card.

Before anyone replaces a CF card at the moment, I would suggest that they definately go through the TAD that I posted fist to make sure that it isn't the PRCB.

There in Australia, you have some brilliant programmer in Minolta - he has created Firmware Imaging Toolkit.
When you enable advanced features in FIT, you will get possibility to format a card, but vxWorks is unfortunately disabled (grayed).
When you dig through binary of FIT, you can find email address of that brilliant programmer - let's try to mailbomb him with request to enable vxWorks format. ;)

tech51
06-16-2010, 09:52 PM
There in Australia, you have some brilliant programmer in Minolta - he has created Firmware Imaging Toolkit.
When you enable advanced features in FIT, you will get possibility to format a card, but vxWorks is unfortunately disabled (grayed).
When you dig through binary of FIT, you can find email address of that brilliant programmer - let's try to mailbomb him with request to enable vxWorks format. ;)
I`ve tried this toolkit and it will only allows you to format compact flash cards for firmware re-writing. The CF cards that are used for firmware in BZ machines mount as removable drives and the kit doesnt seem to recognise them. If anyone knows different please let me know...

jotunn
06-17-2010, 12:20 AM
First of all in such case I would connect a computer to RS232 port of machine with null mode cable and TeraTerm software to look at the startup procedure.
There are 2 ports as I remember, one for a modem and the second is a debug port (there we can connect our null modem cable). You have to setup a correct speed for a connection - 115200b/s should work, if not - try 9600b/s.
During startup machine will show large amount of messages about RAM tests, OS load and so on, when machine hangs we can see what was the last thing that machine tried to do.

In case of formatted CF card, should be no problem to do an exact copy with dd tool (there is a very good port of dd for windows - chrysocome.net - dd for windows (http://www.chrysocome.net/dd)) if you have an access to the second machine.
There is also a chance to revive such card with vxsys.com coming from an old print controller software (for example IP-511) - it will just write a proper (VxWorks) bootsector to disk/compact flash.
However we don't know which filesystem is proper for the card, but we know that a card is readable in Windows, so we have only two options FAT32 or FAT16.
I would bet FAT16 rather than FAT32, but this is just bet :)

If you need vxsys.com just send me a PM.

TheOwl
06-17-2010, 04:21 AM

Yeah, mailbomb him with requests. That real good isn't it??? Seeing as Ben doesn't work for Konica Minolta Australia anymore that will get you as far as using a short stick to poke a T-Rex in the goolies.

There are plenty of tools available to format cards into the VXWorks format, just have a look around and use Google.

Custom Search