PDA

View Full Version : C353 Address/Box alphabetical order

Custom Search

bensem
06-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I have a small problem but its very annoying for my users. They use several C353 to scan documents and send them via e-mail to their mailboxes. So far everything works fine. Now my problem:

e.g. In the first address tab ABC I have several users

- Adam (internal number 1)
- Albert (2)
- Brian (3)
- Craig (4)

Now Adam is no longer an employe and I delete him from the database. A new user is hired "Cory". Now I add Cory to the database and het receives the lowest free number - 1 - which was Adams one. When users look now at the first address tab ABC names are displayed as follows

- Cory
- Albert
- Brian
- Craig

I have no option to change order so that users are displayed correctly in alphabetical order. I tried it at the copier and also with page scope data administrator, but without any success.

Any help would be appreciated

regs Frank

emujo
06-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Export the address book and open it with excel. Re-arrange as you would like it and save the file, then re-import it back to the MFP. I have heard that KM is working on a firmware update to allow sorting from Page Scope or via the LCD panel, but no date as of yet. Pretty common complaint from user that have to add/remove addresses often. Emujo

bensem
06-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks for your answer, but I found no way to export address book. Importing csv-Files xml, tab and so on works pretty good but I cant export existing records neither with Page Scope nor directly from the machine. If I could do so, my problem would be solved.

regs Frank

TheOwl
06-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Go to the Konica Minolta webiste and download a program call PageScope Data Administrator. This program will allow you to manage address books, account track / user authentication on the machines. You can also export these lists and manipulate them (exported as .txt file but you can open with Excel to make it easier) then import them back to the copier.

bensem
06-09-2010, 07:47 AM
As I wrote I already use Page Scope Data Administrator. When I look in the address book with Page Scope everything looks fine, because user records are sorted by surname as I want it. Looking at the LCD panel users are not sorted by surname but by internal numbers. They are added to the correct tabs but every time I add a new user he gets the lowest free number and its imported at the beginning of the tab.

See attachment users surname is starting with "Sche" and is imported at the tab PQRS as first record although there are other usernames starting with "P" or "R". With Page Scope I connaot see internal numbers to change them. Directly at the machine I can check user details and see the internal number, but as manual describes I cannot change these internal numbers.

So that is my problem at the moment:

Page Scope - no export possible and im not sure if the internal user numbers are someway "hidden" and would get exported.

Machine - I see internal user numbers but cannot change them :mad:

I cant believe, that there is no workaround for this problem. If you have a very large office with many users coming and going, this is very annoying and I'm sure that a lot of users have already complained about this.

regs Frank

sorry for my bad language, I'm not a native speaker

TheOwl
06-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Have a look at the pictures provided in order from 1 - 6. This is exporting a CSV file and then manipulating the data as described in my previous post.

TheOwl
06-09-2010, 08:36 AM
You will have to open the pictures and look at the file names in the bottom right hand corner to get the order right.

bensem
06-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks a lot for your screenshots but now I'm more angry then before :mad: They have installed me a medieval version of Page Scope :mad: That is the reason why I cant find any item to export records to files. I'll download the latest version and try my very best.

Thanks für your help

regs Frank

Custom Search