PDA

View Full Version : black copies on C451

Custom Search

robscopyr
06-08-2010, 05:15 PM
I am new to KM and was handed a call for a C451 to replace the black IU. The drum is completely coated w/ toner and the image is solid black when copying. Tried doing other colors w/ the same result, any ideas?

Mr Spock
06-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Sounds like the hvt pwb that supplies power to the main charge wires/grid.

JustManuals
06-09-2010, 01:19 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

robscopyr
06-09-2010, 02:51 AM
Thanks Mr. Spock, I will check it. I found that the machine has had 48 service codes for the black PC motor, I wil be going back w/ the motor tomorrow, and i'll check that pwb if the problem continues.

Stirton.M
06-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Bring an IU with you.

In some cases, the IU itself might be the fault regarding the codes. If the IU was stored on end for example, so all the starter packs up at one end, it can prevent the developer from turning and stalls the motor. Shaking the IU front to back while level sometimes can fix this without issue.

In other instances, such as yours, starter from the chamber has started to pull out between the drum and mag roller of the dev section of the IU and enough has built up to create excess friction related to drum rotation. If this is the case, the IU has to be replaced as there is no way to determine how much starter has been pulled.

To prevent the second problem in the future, when replacing the IUs, make sure they are seated firmly. I give them a firm shove when sliding them into the machine, before engaging the lock lever. In many cases where I have encountered a starter pull situation, usually the black IU, the IU itself has creeped forward because it was not locked properly in place. Drum and developer bias lose contact with the machine, and starter can be pulled as a result.

RRodgers
06-09-2010, 07:10 AM
There is an FOC bracket that Konica sent out to us to keep the Blk IU's from "creeping out" I think it was on a C451. I'm pretty sure it was on a C550 box.

robscopyr
06-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks Guys! I have been a Kyocera rep for more than a while, starting off with these Konica's has got me feeling like a noobie, I have no support here at the shop, all the techs (including me) are hacks - good hacks, but hacks none the less. I am thankful for the help.

Spidula
06-10-2010, 07:14 PM
There is an FOC bracket that Konica sent out to us to keep the Blk IU's from "creeping out" I think it was on a C451. I'm pretty sure it was on a C550 box.

Ive never heard of these brackets and work on Konicas. can you let me know how and where you got it?

Thanks

Dave10
06-11-2010, 10:54 PM
I've had to replace 3 HVT PCBs on these. The bracket is supposed to hold the black IU in tight to prevent it, but once this starts, you are almost certainly going to replace that board. Sorry.

Custom Search