PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 420 "losing" letters at random

Custom Search

Setright
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi all!

I have an odd problem: A bizhub 420 is losing letters / characters at random, and not consistently. At the first instance I installed a newer driver on the client server and alterede the Font download settings, since they are running a special font. This worked...for a while.

The print will lose, at pure random, all the e's in a document. Then, when printed again, they will all magically re-appear. Most prints, like 99% are fine, but then, after another week or two...a document will lose another randomly chosen letter.

The firmware is the latest available, and the machine performs well in general.

I also have used the option to install an Océ driver ...since this is in fact an Océ badged machine, and we have the same results.

In the printer's history, it has had the OACB and the PRCB replaced for other reasons, but this hasn't alterede the occurence of the mysterious missing letters.

Yesterday, the machine decided to print all the i's as little blotches of what looks like digital "noise". Every blotch is identical.

What would you guys recommend in terms of font settings in the driver?

copytechman
06-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Download as bitmap if you can find it.. that may help. Not sure @ the moment what other flavours of font downloading you get with that driver... just a thought tho, does it do that if you install and point a generic hp printer driver @ the printer (maybe hp4100 series or something similar)?

Regards!
A.

Setright
06-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I am using bitmap download :-(

Will try to download the fonts using font management...

fixthecopier
06-10-2010, 12:16 AM
I saw something similar, on a cf2002. Not only would drop letters, but would paint the background a reddish orange. Problem was XP drivers on a Vista system.

pepper38_cnd
06-10-2010, 12:37 AM
This is definitely a Driver Issue or a driver firmware matching issue. Unfortunately drivers and firmware are becoming a nightmare to find the appropriate flavors with up to 250 different drivers and 30 different firmwares to choose from on the SSD, you have to read every F#*# read me and release note and are still left confused. On top of all that you have to ensure that you properly remove the previous driver before trying another, that does not mean deleting the printer! It means removing the driver or else they will conflict and give you some real screwy results.

Setright
06-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Font Download doesn't work. The font file may not be the exact correct type. The machine will not accept the font...the font manager will..but not the MFP.

fixthecopier.....that does sound similar...I am not sure, but I fear the driver was packaged for both XP and Vista. I will check this out, since it could be my best bet.

The dot matrix blotch that replaces the letters when using bitmap download in the PCL driver could point to faulty RAM...but it's soooo random, and should affect graphics too, I would think.

The latest attempt was to swap the driver for the PostScript version...I will get back to you all when the client gets back to me :-)

Si@danwood
06-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Got Exacyly the same thing on a b/hub pro 920! However when i went in to retreive the config page and test pages they printed the graphics but there was no text on the sheets! RE-printed them and came out fine! Machine outputs printed perfectly! So not the print drivers! Or the machine! Gotta be something sinister going on with the IC!!!!! bizarre (Oh and machine/Ic are bang upto date f/ware wise) Will let you know what the solution is (when i found one) ...si

BIG PAPA
06-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Had the same problem on a 500, reseated the IP chip, problem never returned. Had tried everything with Driver's and such, but had multiple machines at location and only the one showed this problem. hope this helps in your case.

Si@danwood
06-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Had the same problem on a 500, reseated the IP chip, problem never returned. Had tried everything with Driver's and such, but had multiple machines at location and only the one showed this problem. hope this helps in your case.
Good one will try that!!! Let you know what happens!

Spidula
06-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Good one will try that!!! Let you know what happens!

Don't wanna sound stoopid here but, what or where is the IP chip. I had a C500, i think it was, which was loosing characters.

BIG PAPA
06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
The C500 and the Biz 500 are two completly different machines. The C500 uses and external controller such as a fiery or creo. Different entirly.

Custom Search