PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 Printing issue. . . . . .

Custom Search

jonbonse
06-09-2010, 04:43 PM
We have a client who has recently upgraded thier server to Windows 2008 64bit and since then have not been able to print nor scan since. . .

The workstations have been upgraded to Vista too.

I know there are no drivers for the Windows server 2008 but I was informed that Windows 7 drivers should work.

We can ping the copier and browse the embedded web server but still cannot print.

If we check the printer log, there are many messages like 'no account set for copy track 99999' etc. . .

Anyone know how to resolve this ????

Many thanks

Stirton.M
06-10-2010, 12:53 AM
There is officially no support for the C350 internal controller on any windows OS beyond XP. There are no drivers for Windows 7. You can try this 64 bit driver meant for XP for the internal controller. If you are using a peerless controller, pull that piece of crap off and use the internal controller.

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4184&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

If you are using a Fiery controller, use this driver

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4865&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

Both will work, but full functionality isn't guaranteed. You may have to manually set the options. Generally I would recommend using client side drivers and leave the server out of it. 64Bit servers tend to be problematic where sharing a driver to a 32 bit client is concerned.

As for scanning, if the server is in domain control, you will have to add the copier to the user list as though it was a user. Otherwise, it will block any and all attempts by the copier to scan to a shared folder on any PC within the domain.

And finally, I highly recommend you upgrade the C350. This machine is obsolete on too many levels and doesn't have the ability to comply with current network standards. Even going into a C351 or C450 would be a vast improvement over the 350. You'll still have some issues regarding the drivers, but nothing like the C350. And scanning to a shared folder is by far easier to accomplish in setting up on these machines, right on up to the latest KMs.

Custom Search