PDA

View Full Version : Konica bh c350 firmware ( c1265 code)

Custom Search

copierlady
06-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Working on a konica c350 getting a c1265 code. I replaced everything in it, and then i finaly replaced the the mfp controller board. Code went away for a while but then it came back. My tech support says i need to try flashing and updating firmware. Can anyone tell me where i can get the firmware and how to use it.
Thanks

Stirton.M
06-11-2010, 01:33 AM
I sent you a pm....

and further information for others with this code....

Intermittent C-1265 code.

Solution

CAUSE: Dirty contacts on the machine memory.
SOLUTION: Remove the memory and clean the contacts:
1. Turn off the machine and unplug the power cord.
2. Remove the lower rear cover (7 screws).
3. Remove the upper rear cover (5 screws).
4. Open the right door and remove the right rear cover (4 screws).
5. Remove the shield cover (12 screws).
6. Remove the memory from tthe slot labeled FILE 0 of the control board and clean its contacts. Repeat the process for the memory in slot FILE 1.
Note: The memory is highly susceptible to damage by static electricity. Use a grounding wrist strap or touch the metal frame of the machine to discharge
yourself before handling the memory.

C1261, C1265, error message at power up.

Solution

CAUSE: Expanded 256 memory card has failed and/or is incompatible.
SOLUTION: Reseat, replace the 256MB memory upgrade (EM301) (Item #4599291).
The engine requires 512MB of memory, 256MB base memory and the EM301 256MB memory upgrade to function properly when both the IC401 and AD501
are installed

From these solutions, I would say your memory cards have become corrupted (damaged) or possible the contacts are dirty.

Cleaning the contacts...use an oxide eraser. Those old blue "pen" erasers, if you can get one, will work. Or if you are fortunate, a pen type oxide...the eraser has to be gritty. Emery paper in a pinch. Just give the contacts of the memory a quick buff to make em shiny.

copierlady
06-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey where you been? I missed my little cat!
I heard about the corosion problem with these machines but, aren't these memory chips on the board i just replaced? The board was working, and is working now on other machines, with the same memory chips. Am i missing someithing here? Maybe i need to buy the firmware. But i need instrutions on how to use it. My board repair people want to charge me $500 to up grade the board (maybe thats why they are telling me thats what i need)

Stirton.M
06-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Where was I....I bought a whole bunch of new computer hardware (custom build rig) and spent the last few months (a couple days building) configuring it and working out the bugs and swapping defective hardware to be returned to the store and so on, so forth...along with extensive gaming, to properly exercise the associated demons of hell that often come with building a new computer....:p

Now I got a computer that is fast fast fast and can process and convert a 2 hour AVI vid to DVD in 10 minutes instead of a couple/few hours:D. That and play some high end games. ;)

and now, back to the c350

Well, the error code in the service manual relates to the DIMMS. The TSB entries I posted are specific to the error code from outside the manual recommendations as seen in the field.

Your memory DIMMS could be no good, that is, if you swapped those from another source. Incompatible for example, or simply were damaged by some other means, like electrostatic damage for example.

We have a box full of these things, many are bad, some are maybe good. We do the swap and swap with some machines for troubleshooting memory. Usually it only takes one DIMM out of the two or more that causes the problem.

Patience is the mantra when dealing with memory problems on these boxes.

And oxidation on the contacts is possible. I periodically pull the memory out of my computer to clean the contacts as part of my routine of keeping this sucker stable and crash free. (this current rig, not yet....in the fall it will get this). Oxidation is the enemy where memory use is concerned. When all else failes, usually this is the reason, which is what I suspect your problem is likely to be.

The firmware, while a valid troubleshooting step to eliminate strange behavior, is in this case by my opinion, not *&%^&*% likely. Especially since neither the manual nor TSB makes mention of firmware being related to the error code itself.

mjunkaged
01-26-2012, 02:14 AM
I just got this same code on my Biz C350.
I'll try out the memory contacts and whine more only if it doesn't fix it.
Thanks!

Custom Search