PDA

View Full Version : J32-03 & J75-40

Custom Search

Mike Sterkeboer
06-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi,

Does anybody know why these error codes (J32-03 & J75-40) appear on a c6500 but only in the moring?
After removing the paper the machine runs normal for the rest of the day, I have already replaced some sensors in the paper exit and the one way gears in the fuser drive are also replaced.

Stirton.M
06-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Possibly there is an issue regarding the exit unit of the main body. See attached.

PS 13 is the common sensor between the two error codes, it is also on this assembly, though not shown in the page I posted here.

There is a possibility that the torrington gears on this section might be slipping. Since it is a big deal to get at this section (removing the relay unit and finisher and cover just for this unit), I recommend replacing the gears (10 and 11 I think are the torringtons), and scuffing the shafts with some emery or scotch pad where the gears sit.

Also, if there is high mileage, the decurler roller (part 4) is a recommended replace while you are in this section.

Other places to look, check the harness connection of this section to ensure it is plugged in properly at this side, as well as back at the PRCB.

HORSE
06-17-2010, 05:01 AM
or you could try and order and fit part no. ADU sensor flag 65AA51311. (see doc attached)

I have had these wear down 3-4 mm and give similar codes, especially the J75-40 on those with an RU and J72-16 on those machines with the FS607.

At least have a look and see if it is worn down to a sharp flat 45 degree edge, a good flag would be a nice rounded point.

Stirton.M
06-17-2010, 05:24 AM
or you could try and order and fit part no. ADU sensor flag 65AA51311. (see doc attached)

I have had these wear down 3-4 mm and give similar codes, especially the 75-40 on those with an RU and J72-16 on those machines with the FS607.

At least have a look and see if it is worn down to a sharp flat 45 degree edge, a good flag would be a nice rounded point.

That flag has given us a problem at one account before...though not related to this issue...in that case, something the user was doing was causing the flag to pop out of its clips...4 times in a row...never broken or worn out, just popped. That user has since been fired from the print shop and oddly enough, the problem has yet to come back. I suspect they were removing a jam incorrectly. Also what stopped around this same time was an ongoing issue with tray 5 on the PF601, front and rear guides misaligned, the steel gear that locked them both together at the bottom of the drawer somehow being jumped. My guess, loading the tray with as much paper as possible, closing it, and then opening it quickly, so the inertia of the paper would force the rear guide back. Strangely enough, no damage to the gear or teeth on the rear guide to that gear. Glad I do not have to fix that problem anymore.

HORSE
06-17-2010, 05:50 AM
That flag has given us a problem at one account before...though not related to this issue...in that case, something the user was doing was causing the flag to pop out of its clips...4 times in a row...never broken or worn out, just popped. That user has since been fired from the print shop and oddly enough, the problem has yet to come back. I suspect they were removing a jam incorrectly. Also what stopped around this same time was an ongoing issue with tray 5 on the PF601, front and rear guides misaligned, the steel gear that locked them both together at the bottom of the drawer somehow being jumped. My guess, loading the tray with as much paper as possible, closing it, and then opening it quickly, so the inertia of the paper would force the rear guide back. Strangely enough, no damage to the gear or teeth on the rear guide to that gear. Glad I do not have to fix that problem anymore.

J75-40 and J72-16 (FS607) can be caused by that sensor flag wearing down, its hard to believe that paper can shave 3-4 mm of plastic. I would definitely advise replace those sensor flags on a regular basis they are not that expensive and they do give problems.

Stirton.M
06-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Ya, I've seen that on a few machines, paper is like sand paper over time. Other areas of extreme wear are the guides for the ADU itself, or the switch guides in the finisher were the lead edge can make a mess of the guides themselves.

Mike Sterkeboer
06-17-2010, 10:56 AM
The ADU sensor flag has already bin replaced and today I have replaced the duplex stepper motor, the paper exit stepper motor and all the clutches. Wait and see.

Custom Search