PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 421 Scanning / Firmware

Custom Search

joneze
06-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi all,

Ok at customers i have 2 421's that when scan to email 1 page it works fine. Try 2 or more pages it just says "Automatically Deleted" and goes nowhere. They have about 6 421's in the builiding but only these 2 are doing this both on firmware v20. When i come to update firmware on faulty machines i get an error "unable to scan the data". I then attempted to update the firmware on a working machine to eliminate fault usb stick but that updated perectly.

Thanks
Mark

pakalo
06-18-2010, 08:11 AM
HI, excuse me, but for now you can only change the OACB Board but after updating firmware at 21 version.
In short time I can give you a definitive solution.

pepper38_cnd
06-22-2010, 01:35 PM
The firmware in the machine is corrupt, you could download the recovery firmware from the SSD but unless they have corrected it this firmware has a bug in it too ( can't get into admin mode after loading). What I recommend is copying the files from one of the working machines flash card, then pasting them onto the flash card of the problem machine. Make sure NOT to format the card. Note all address book and machine setting will be transfered so back everything up before you do this, although if it's the same company the address book may be the same.

Albonline
06-22-2010, 01:51 PM
The firmware in the machine is corrupt, you could download the recovery firmware from the SSD but unless they have corrected it this firmware has a bug in it too ( can't get into admin mode after loading). What I recommend is copying the files from one of the working machines flash card, then pasting them onto the flash card of the problem machine. Make sure NOT to format the card. Note all address book and machine setting will be transfered so back everything up before you do this, although if it's the same company the address book may be the same.

to fix this bug, reload the card with the recovery firmware, then reflash the image file to 10. change admin pw from default to anything. the flash the unit up to desired firmware. change admin pw back to default. i had eight units that km said we would have to replace mfp and nvram to fix the admin pw. followed this procedure and fixed them all without replaceing any parts.

Custom Search