PDA

View Full Version : EK-603 initialization

Custom Search

Kmdurrin
06-17-2010, 03:30 PM
We have a C253 with an EK-603 usb kit installed that will not recognize any usb sticks when they are plugged in. There is no error or anything like that... it just does nothing. Are there any special steps that need to be taken to initialize the board? The installation instructions only show how to install the hardware in the machine, but it doesnt give any service mode instructions or softswitch settings. Any ideas? We have a customer who really wants to be able to print from their thumb drive.

emujo
06-17-2010, 05:55 PM
If the USB drive is not recognized when plugged in (no icon on the control panel), you may have the connections to the EK reveresed or just unplugged. Once installed, only the Bluetooth option has to be turned on, the extra USB port should be available. If the USB drive is recognized, but you cant print it may be a settings issue..ADMIN/SYSTEM SETTING/EXTERNAL BOX SETTINGS set to allow. If you are using "user authentication" box operations are of by default and you have to "allow" under output permissions for the users. Emujo

emujo
06-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Opps, you said C253..my mistake, I was thinking C652 series...This one should be plugged into the slot 1 (furthest from the rear of the copier). No Bluetooth on this, but it still may be a setting in admin mode, or permissions. Also, the USB can't have that horrid U3 program running on it, and only PDF,XPS, TIFF can be printed (I think) Emujo

Custom Search