PDA

View Full Version : C6500 warm up problem

Custom Search

tcs04
06-18-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm getting a report of a problem where a broken gear was replaced on a C6500 fuser, the machine started running a job, jammed, the jam was cleared and now the machine displays "warming Up" but won't come ready..... Any ideas?? :confused:

Thermistors have been checked / swapped and the lamps are all coming on.

sbillis
06-18-2010, 11:10 PM
what was the error?

did you open-close the adu and front door again?
did you try I/O check?
hum/temp sensors what are they saying? does reach 200 degree?

RRodgers
06-19-2010, 07:23 AM
what was the error?

did you try I/O check?

Try shitting completely down and fireing it back up. I had a 8050 and C500 that would sometimes get stuck in "warming up".

tcs04
06-19-2010, 11:58 AM
what was the error?

did you try I/O check?

I'm getting this report from another tech...... I believe he has checked all of the above, the machine did not display an error code as far as I'm aware, just says please wait, plus he's contacted KM tech support and they were puzzled.

HORSE
06-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Check the AC driver board

seniortech
06-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Is he absolutely sure ALL the upper lamps are coming on, there are three individual heaters, if you visually check they all appear to be on, when in fact one of the elements has blown, check for continuity to be sure, you usually get 'machine is warming up' when using thicker media and all heaters need to be switched on...

tcs04
06-19-2010, 07:00 PM
He said he metered all lamps and they were ok..... time will tell. This guy isn't one of the muppets, normally gives good info.

I suspect it's something related to the initial "broken gear" fault, which could of course be a "mechanical" beak in the lamps. Could it be related to temp detection due to poor drive somewhere in the unit?? Will check during the next few days.

Stirton.M
06-19-2010, 10:14 PM
If there was really a warm up issue related to the fuser, the machine would and should throw a service code event after a set period of time.

The problem is likely someplace else. It could even simply be firmware related...reflash the code to eliminate this possibility.

tcs04
06-20-2010, 07:38 AM
If there was really a warm up issue related to the fuser, the machine would and should throw a service code event after a set period of time.

The problem is likely someplace else. It could even simply be firmware related...reflash the code to eliminate this possibility.

He reports there is no code, but I will check and report back if we find something.

Thanks to all for the input.

HORSE
06-20-2010, 12:26 PM
I think I have seen a similar problem as described above, but I cant remember what was wrong or how we fixed it. I hate when that happens.

HORSE
06-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I think it was Overall Control Board related.

tcs04
06-23-2010, 10:00 PM
I think it was Overall Control Board related.

FIXED!!!

Tech on site reported that the "Lift sensor" (Pressure roller?) actuator was out of position. I think it was pushed past it's normal stop position when the gear broke. Had to be removed and refitted. Now operating normally.

Thanks for the input.

Hard luck with the Footy Horse!

johnnycline
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
i just had this problem, it turned out to be on of the three upper fusing lamps that was burnt out. Replaced the upper heater assembly problem fixed.:cool:

dudley
07-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Ya I had the lamp that heats the outer portion of the roller fail, darn thing was taking about 30 minutes to warm up with no code. Center thermistor was at 210C. Of course it was an hour out of town to boot. Plus the power for the whole town went down just as I was checking the machine out. Had to troubleshoot in the dark with a flashlight.

Custom Search