PDA

View Full Version : Minolta EP1083 COS 20 Error message

Custom Search

tbar3
05-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Hello.. This is my first post here, and also my first attempt at trying to fix this copier. I was hired on as an IT guy, not a Copier fixer...

Anyway... We have a Minolta EP1083 and we've got the Service light on with a COS 20 code on the screen.

:confused::confused:
Can anyone help me understand what this means and how to fix it? any and all help is GREATLY appreciated as it will save the boss $90/hr for a service call... thanks in advance!
:confused::confused:

TBar3

Taminol
05-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi, I believe the fault cade you are referring to should be CO520 and not COS20 (unless this is a code I don't know - it's been a fair while since I repaired an EP1083)

CO520 malfunction means you have an abnormally high fusing temperature. Could be a dodgy thermistor ?

If you manage to reset it without doing anything to rectify the problem you could have a 'melt down' - they're not fun
I think your boss should cough up the $90 and get a technician in.

Regards

Taminol

Mark B
05-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I second that.

tbar3
05-22-2007, 02:55 PM
thanks for the quick replies... i told my boss and he didn't seem too thrilled... c'est la vie.. guess the next call's gonna be to the service-man... (hurrah..) if we do go that route, i'll come back and post what he says... although, i'm sure it will be what you 2 have suggested... thanks again..

TBar3

Custom Search