PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Restarting Problems

Custom Search

bungapads
06-21-2010, 10:24 PM
A c550 Bizhub fiery (not the built in) keeps restarting. Customer wants the problem solved. I do not see anything in the service manuals. Anyone know what causes this and what the solution is?

JSC
06-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Sounds like the hard drive in the fiery is failing.

KenB
06-21-2010, 10:50 PM
You can try reimaging it first, in the event that the software got badly enough corrupted so that it won't start.

If that doesn't work, it's time for a new HDD.

bungapads
06-21-2010, 10:51 PM
I just replaced the harddrive. What I was told is that perhaps I need to install the software again. However, my copy of USB Flash Program v 3.21 is not working from the disk. I need to obtain another copy, but I do not have a source. Do you know of one?

bungapads
06-21-2010, 10:52 PM
I just replaced the harddrive. What I was told is that perhaps I need to install the software again. However, my copy of USB Flash Program v 3.21 is not working from the disk. I need to obtain another copy, but I do not have a source. Do you know of one?

Stirton.M
06-22-2010, 12:17 AM
You replaced the hard drive in the copier or the fiery? There is a difference. If you replaced the one in the copier, you wasted your time. If you replaced the drive in the fiery, then you need to install system code. This is done using the Fiery system disk on a laptop/PC connected to the fiery via the network port, or USB port or through USB key with system code.

I suggest you obtain the service manual on the fiery via KMBS for instructions on how to do this.

bungapads
06-22-2010, 12:41 AM
I did put a new harddrive in and I have the service manual. Do you know where in the manual it discusses how to install this via the laptop?

Stirton.M
06-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Do you have the FIERY system disk? The installation "how to" is described in the autoplay wizard that is part of that disk. It walks you through the necessary steps. A copy of this disk is sold with every Fiery controller. There are two disks, both DVDs. The first disk has the Fiery system code on it, the second disk contains the user software.

And pardon me, I spoke too soon about the flash drive install. It can be done on this model. I am too used to doing it the other ways on older hardware. Doing the install is far easier using the install wizard on the DVD, as like I said, it provides you a walkthrough as you go to get new system code on the fiery.

And I am referring to only the Fiery service manual, not the copier service manual. It is referred to as the IC-409 Service guide, and pdf page 43 is the page where you can find "System Software" install instructions.

methogod
07-10-2010, 05:22 PM
i HAVE SOME ISSES WITH MY SAME FIERTY. i SELL MANTAIN AND DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THESE TOOLS. I HAVE 2 OF THE SAME FIERYS ONE CAME WITH MORE UPDATEES THEN THE OTHER, IS THERE ANYWAY SOME CAN SEND ME ALL THE RELAVNANT UPDATES FOR THE Fiery X3eTY FOR THE c451...

THANKS,

Stirton.M
07-11-2010, 02:09 AM
Use remote desktop to access the fiery via network.

The login name is Administrator, password is Fiery.1 (upper case f). From there you will be presented with a Windows XP desktop, this is the what the Fiery software now runs in. In the start menu, you will find the link to updating the fiery. I cannot recall specifically, but I think it is in under the heading of Fiery Tools of the start menu.

The new window that opens, you can set the options for automatic updates. I prefer to set these as automatic and set the time of day at noon if the customer turns the machine off at night for any reason. Most of the time, you can leave the time alone, but setting it to automatic will allow the machine to update itself as updates become available.

If there are no updates applied, and to know, simply print a config sheet, that will also include a list of updates if any were done.

You can force an update in this window. Allow the update wizard to do its thing and eventually it will indicate it is done. Allow the Fiery to reboot. When it is ready, reconnect in the Remote Desktop and select the update tool again. And like before, force an update.

The update tool will update windows the first time. The Second time, fiery related patches are applied. So this must be done twice.

This is by far easier to work with than the old way, as you often had to do every patch manually, which can be a bear to do if pressed for time.

And you can contact EFI directly for information about getting updated system code from them if I recall. At the very least, you should be able to source directly from KM in your area for update code.

aesthetics1
07-12-2010, 05:10 PM
When exactly is the Fiery restarting itself? This can be caused by a number of things including not being up to date with patches, an old/wrong driver sending print jobs to the controller, as well as a number of other things. Isolate your problem to determine when it happens before just defaulting to re-installing system software... This was always the "solution" for older fierys, when in fact most of the time it didn't solve the root of the problem.

Change the IP address of the fiery, re-configure the clients ensuring that they all have the most up-to-date drivers, patch your fiery with all available patches, then move on to the hardware.

Custom Search