PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Jams in konica 7145

Custom Search

Blackcoyote
06-25-2010, 01:02 AM
I have a Konica 7145 with a finisher. Machine delivers paper into finisher but then displays a jam in conveyance unit. Machine has to be turned off & on to reset jam condition as if the exit sensor on conveyance unit was bad, but I swapped sensors on the unit with the same result. I checked the wiring up to the finisher umbilical for continuity & all checked OK. Could a dirty finisher delivery sensor cause this? Thanks

pepper38_cnd
06-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Which finisher do you have? And does the machine work fine, with the finisher removed?

SmellsHot
06-25-2010, 01:13 PM
cheat the front of the finisher door and make sure your rollers are actually turning. I've seen conveyance motor go bad on this model.

Blackcoyote
06-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Machine works fine with conveyance & finisher detached, and delivers paper just fine when they are hooked up, it's just after the paper is delivered, it shows a #10 jam(in conveyance) on display, and can't be reset without throwing pwr switch

pepper38_cnd
06-25-2010, 11:24 PM
I will assume by your description that you have an FS113 with an RU-101? What is the jam code that is recorded on the management list? Just out of curiosity what happens if you feed long paper like 11X17?

Blackcoyote
06-26-2010, 01:11 AM
To be honest with you, I just downloaded the service manual, so I have to learn how to access the jam codes. I will have to get some longer paper to try, the user only has 81/2X11. I do appreciate your help. This copier is in a really dusty environment, so I had other issues to resolve, but the last tech to tackle this machine just left the conveyance unit & finisher off.

Custom Search