PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-1183, FS-527 on BH C280

Custom Search

lanierboy
06-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Hello,

I have a FS-527 floor standing finisher on a new C280 that suffers from a C1183 every 4 weeks or so.

I have cleaned and checked the sensors, uploaded latest FW and cannot find a mech reason for it.

Has anyone had this before.

thank you

Stirton.M
06-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Description
FS-527, C1183 when removing copies from the main exit tray of the finisher.
Solution
CAUSE: In earlier FS-527 finishers, Actuator /2 is not long enough to actuate the Upper Limit sensor (PS24).
SOLUTION: Install the modified actuator (p/n A0HR 8973 00). The actuator was installed during production beginning with finisher serial number
A0HRWY1016166.

Other issues to check is the balance of the machine. If you open the finisher (slide to the left) and are able to close it with one hand (slide to the right) without difficulty, the finisher is balanced. If not, extend the castors on the finisher base, the two on the left. This will slighly tilt the finisher towards the right, towards the main body.

Also, check the wiring harness that is connected to the front door interlock switch of the finisher. If this harness, along with ground braid, is not stowed tightly in, it can interfere with the actuator. Symptom of this is the elevator will rise to the upper limit and code out.

Many problems seen on FS514/517/519 series will be seen here, most fixes on those series will also apply here.

Mr Spock
06-26-2010, 12:45 PM
I just went through this and the fix that the rocking kitty has posted fixes the issue. Wear good leather gloves when replacing as the steel is not finished and will cut. I have the cuts to prove it. The flag section is about 3 mm longer and that has made all the difference.

Custom Search