PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C352 Counter Reset

Custom Search

Brischaffer
06-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi,

I have a Konica Minolta C352 that had a bad power surge yesterday. It changed everything into Japeness. I fixed that by doing NVRAM back-up. I reloaded new firmware and I thought everything was ok. But now the meter is reading for Black & Color 29 Million but the total is ok. Also I try to plug in an ip adress for printing but it will not stay in. Has anyone ever had a problem like this before? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Brian

jotunn
06-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Try to perform "NVRAM Initialize" with NVRAM recovery firmware, there is also "NIC setting erase" option which should help with your network interface problems.

DCPS
06-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi,

I have a Konica Minolta C352 that had a bad power surge yesterday. It changed everything into Japeness. I fixed that by doing NVRAM back-up. I reloaded new firmware and I thought everything was ok. But now the meter is reading for Black & Color 29 Million but the total is ok. Also I try to plug in an ip adress for printing but it will not stay in. Has anyone ever had a problem like this before? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Brian

NVRAM tool should help to solve the problem with the network by doing NIC initialization but i think the counter is not recoverable.

ck1
06-26-2010, 06:08 AM
sorry , no solution inless you change the new NVram with zero meter .

chexin51
07-26-2010, 09:18 PM
When the dust finally settles on this problem I would strongly suggest that you consider installing surge protectors on all digital copiers. The problems associated with a power surge can get extremely costly in labour and parts. Our experience during the last 25 years tells us that we can only supply a guarantee on equipement with protection.

Stirton.M
07-27-2010, 05:21 AM
I agree with the previous assessments.

when dealing with NVRAM reset, if you run into counters that are incorrect or way out of specification, you are almost certainly faced with a requirement to replace the NVRAM pack, and at the same time, change the mechanical counter back to zero.

I recently had the same problem where a fellow tech had performed a NVRAM reset and all of the counters were out of specification. We two are also faced with having to replace the RAM pack. To my knowledge there is no field service capability to reset the counters.

Custom Search