PDA

View Full Version : Error Code 3rd party hard drives, C-D00f

Custom Search

DNet-KM
06-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Has anyone had success installing 3rd party hard drives into newer color equipment C451’s, C452’s, C353’s and C360’s?

Since the CBS news report we have had a barrage of customers concerned with HDD security. Some clients are satisfied with running the Mode 3, Depart of Defense wipe in admin mode. For others we would like to pull the HDD and hand it over to the customer (for a fee $). This second option would require us to replace the HDD before returning the equipment to the lease company.

I have installed a replacement drive from a third party vendor and am receiving the D00f error. I have tried performing a physical format then logical and then reloading firmware. After this the copier comes ready and looks like it is going to work until you run a copy or internal print. It will complete the copy, memory indicator goes from 100% to 99% then after a few seconds will throw the C-D00f error. I am able to create a user box but when I try scanning to the box the copier will hang and the HDD will never be written to. My next step is to try imaging the 3rd party drive from a good drive.

Has anyone had success getting a hard drive purchased from a 3rd party drive to work? What am I missing?

Thanks,

tcs04
06-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Has anyone had success installing 3rd party hard drives into newer color equipment C451’s, C452’s, C353’s and C360’s?

Since the CBS news report we have had a barrage of customers concerned with HDD security. Some clients are satisfied with running the Mode 3, Depart of Defense wipe in admin mode. For others we would like to pull the HDD and hand it over to the customer (for a fee $). This second option would require us to replace the HDD before returning the equipment to the lease company.

I have installed a replacement drive from a third party vendor and am receiving the D00f error. I have tried performing a physical format then logical and then reloading firmware. After this the copier comes ready and looks like it is going to work until you run a copy or internal print. It will complete the copy, memory indicator goes from 100% to 99% then after a few seconds will throw the C-D00f error. I am able to create a user box but when I try scanning to the box the copier will hang and the HDD will never be written to. My next step is to try imaging the 3rd party drive from a good drive.

Has anyone had success getting a hard drive purchased from a 3rd party drive to work? What am I missing?

Thanks,

Have you set the jumpers on the new drive to "Master"? I mostly work on Ricoh kit and they don't like drives on "Cable Select".

DNet-KM
06-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks,

The replacement drive is setup like the original drive with no jumbers installed. It is set in service mode, shows available space, R/W tests result in OK,

RRodgers
06-26-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't think after a format you have to do a "version up" to the drive. It "should" work... Hmmmm.... What brand ya using? I believe we've been pretty successful with WD drives.

Stirton.M
06-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm with RRodgers, this appears to be more related to the brand. Things might have changed since the last time I looked, but any drive from Toshiba simply would fail prematurely in our hardware, so I avoid those outright if I am replacing.

Samsung drives have been pretty reliable for us. I have lots of respect for WD as well.

Installing a new drive on most of the older models is pretty straight forward easy. Install and do a logical format and yer done. For the 452/360 machines, did you install the movie file when reflashing?

tcs04
06-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks,

The replacement drive is setup like the original drive with no jumbers installed. It is set in service mode, shows available space, R/W tests result in OK,

If it's not the same brand you may need some jumpers fitted as the config varies between brands.

Did the label on the old drive show no jumpers as "master"?

For example, I have a couple of old drives hereand WD shows Master as on jumpers, while Seagate shows Master as one jumper at pins 7+8.

Custom Search